• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Nice pickup. I keep looking at them, but just haven't found the right one I guess at the right price. Isn't shopping in free states great!
    Yes it is. This was $299, maybe $50 more than what I have seen as a good price but it was in front of me and I am a sucker for something $300 and able to walk out the door with it. Plus it's another 32 acp so it adds to that part o my collection.
    Not that I was fearful of a mismatch but it all matches. Cleaned it up tonight but left some of the grime around the grip brass as it gives it character Don't you just love gun shop lighting. I just noticed some evidence someone tried to scratch off some rust on the front right side. Hard to take a pic though. However it would not have stopped me from takin it home.

Attachments

• image-2552906444.jpg
      image-2552906444.jpg
      57.7 KB · Views: 348
    • image-295450242.jpg
      image-295450242.jpg
      58.4 KB · Views: 349
    • image-60916761.jpg
      image-60916761.jpg
      69.9 KB · Views: 371
    • image-2622604666.jpg
      image-2622604666.jpg
      50.5 KB · Views: 281
    • image-3944000759.jpg
      image-3944000759.jpg
      41.6 KB · Views: 364

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Plenty of dings but I did not see any cracks or chunks missing. I even had my reading glasses with me today. I'm on a roll for 32 auto pocket pistols.

I meant - do the grips wiggle a lot? The grips are frequently buggered because people don't know how to remove them. They end up popping them off and breaking the beveled edge. Replacements are next to impossible to find.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Yes
    One is tight and the other wiggles.
    I also heard of the bar inside that people did not learn about before the interwebs

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    You'll know for sure when you pull them off. If the grip edge is broken or chipped ... Wiggling isn't necessarily bad. You really have to take the panels off to see what you've got.

My 7.65 m/m is one of my best shooters. I replaced all the springs, which fixed some light strikes.

Last edited:

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    picked up a Yugo SKS from Duffys last weekend. NIce looking gun and I was diggin the trench art on the stock. I swear I saw it posted here (or somewhere) sometime ago but cant find or remember where.

I'm rather certain that it wasn't posted here. I take mental notes on the Sino-Albanian SKS trench art, and think I'd remember that one! I'm diggin' it, too!

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    I'm rather certain that it wasn't posted here. I take mental notes on the Sino-Albanian SKS trench art, and think I'd remember that one! I'm diggin' it, too!

I thought the same, but its a Yugo type SKS with muzzle brake and grenade attachment. Not the same as the Sino Soviet ones. So where was it....

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    I thought the same, but its a Yugo type SKS with muzzle brake and grenade attachment. Not the same as the Sino Soviet ones. So where was it....

Yeah ... I was writing in a sleep deprived mode, so didn't are-tick-you-late well. In any case, I think I would have remembered that one, no matter what make it was. That stock looks like someone's done some gentle work on it, too.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    New rifle is here...
    Venezuelan FN Model 24/30 Short Rifle
    ( cleaning rod came with, just realized i didnt put it back in for pics after striping the rifle down for cleaning)

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    :D, Thank you Sir. It is right up there near the cond of my Belgian navy. Not quite as nice but very close.

OCJ - Just to even things out a bit, I got this into my grubby paws yesterday. (Too bright a light in these photos. They make the bluing look thin. Need to take some in the daylight tomorrow.)

Attachments

• AA_Serial.jpg
      AA_Serial.jpg
      71.2 KB · Views: 344
    • AA_Serial_2.jpg
      AA_Serial_2.jpg
      75.3 KB · Views: 334
    • AA_Serial_3.jpg
      AA_Serial_3.jpg
      52 KB · Views: 270

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Yeah ... I was writing in a sleep deprived mode, so didn't are-tick-you-late well. In any case, I think I would have remembered that one, no matter what make it was. That stock looks like someone's done some gentle work on it, too.

Hey Doc, I didn't mean anything negative by my post. , I was just thinking out loud as to where the heck I could have seen it. As soon as I picked it up I thought I remembered seeing it. Especially That little cartoon face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom