• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yup, just waiting for a spring kit from wolf springs now. I hear i should change them out before shooting. Unfortunately i ordered them a few days ago and today i got a email saying its back-ordered. go figure:rolleyes:

Springs on the carbine, or the c96? On the carbine a caution, some people have had issues with the Wolff extra power recoil spring. Probably from a worn gas system. Mine runs like a champ with only magazine issues (none withgood mags), but I did get a new recoil spring for it, but from Fulton Armory, GI spec spring. I figure mine is likely original to my 1942 carbine, so replacing it may reduce wear a little on the bolt and receiver from a possibly worn out spring.

I wanted to stay away from an extra power one.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Springs on the carbine, or the c96? On the carbine a caution, some people have had issues with the Wolff extra power recoil spring. Probably from a worn gas system. Mine runs like a champ with only magazine issues (none withgood mags), but I did get a new recoil spring for it, but from Fulton Armory, GI spec spring. I figure mine is likely original to my 1942 carbine, so replacing it may reduce wear a little on the bolt and receiver from a possibly worn out spring.

I wanted to stay away from an extra power one.

Springs are for the c96, I already shot the carbine while still in Tennessee. It runs like a champ.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Really nice Red 9. Just curious around what serial range is it? Does it have the eagle stamp on the front of the magazine box? Come with a holster/stock?

I waited a few months for a spring kit for mine on backorder, and also replaced the bolt stop (keeping the original safe of course) which is probably unnecessary if you dont plan to shoot it a whole lot, but supposedly one of the first parts to break on these. With the new springs mine runs flawlessly so I would expect the same of that one.

Enjoy it!

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Really nice Red 9. Just curious around what serial range is it? Does it have the eagle stamp on the front of the magazine box? Come with a holster/stock?

I waited a few months for a spring kit for mine on backorder, and also replaced the bolt stop (keeping the original safe of course) which is probably unnecessary if you dont plan to shoot it a whole lot, but supposedly one of the first parts to break on these. With the new springs mine runs flawlessly so I would expect the same of that one.

Enjoy it!

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

Enjoy it!

It's in the 81k serial range, it does have what I believe is a Prussian eagle? On the front of the magazine box. It has a fire blue safety lever, and 500 meter rear sight instead of the 1000. Not sure exactly why the disconnector was changed out but from what I seen that the only number that was different. Also you may notice in my picture but the button and spring are missing for the rear sight. Was that something that was numbered? I didn't realize it till after I bought it.. also they had no holster or stock for it

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    It's in the 81k serial range, it does have what I believe is a Prussian eagle? On the front of the magazine box. It has a fire blue safety lever, and 500 meter rear sight instead of the 1000. Not sure exactly why the disconnector was changed out but from what I seen that the only number that was different. Also you may notice in my picture but the button and spring are missing for the rear sight. Was that something that was numbered? I didn't realize it till after I bought it

Nice, all looks legit to me, mine is in the 94k range so not too far apart. Yeah that is a prussian eagle on the magazine. Interesting about the disconnector, but I wouldnt say its a huge detractor. The rear sight button and spring I dont believe are numbered so it should be relatively easy to get replacements.

When you do take it apart to replace the springs, be VERY careful that the rocker coupling is installed correctly. It can be installed backwards and the the gun reassembled, and it will completely seize up and you cant get it back apart without drilling into the frame and basically destroying some parts. Just an FYI. Would love to see a range report once you get it shooting.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Nice, all looks legit to me, mine is in the 94k range so not too far apart. Yeah that is a prussian eagle on the magazine. Interesting about the disconnector, but I wouldnt say its a huge detractor. The rear sight button and spring I dont believe are numbered so it should be relatively easy to get replacements.

When you do take it apart to replace the springs, be VERY careful that the rocker coupling is installed correctly. It can be installed backwards and the the gun reassembled, and it will completely seize up and you cant get it back apart without drilling into the frame and basically destroying some parts. Just an FYI. Would love to see a range report once you get it shooting.

:shocked3::shocked3: That would be a Bad Bad day. Thank you very much for the info, i might be hitting you up for any questions when the spring kit finally comes in.

Wongler

Nov 6, 2013
    Carlisle, PA
    My LGS got in a Remington Rand 1911A1 on consignment from a lady that tried to take it to the local police to destroy. Lucky for me the officers told her it's actually collectable and she could get some money for it. No magazine, but that's okay.

Attachments

• IMG_1575.jpg
      IMG_1575.jpg
      54.3 KB · Views: 247
    • IMG_1574.jpg
      IMG_1574.jpg
      75.9 KB · Views: 236
    • IMG_1573.jpg
      IMG_1573.jpg
      73.8 KB · Views: 270
    Jul 1, 2012
    Lawsy, would have been a shame to destroy that one!
    Looks nice. Remington Rand frame too based on the "NO" in front of S/N.

Jul 1, 2012
    Lawsy, would have been a shame to destroy that one!
    Looks nice. Remington Rand frame too based on the "NO" in front of S/N.

<edit>heh, heh, felt so strongly I had to post twice.... knew it was gonna double-post on me, had that weird delay thing after hitting the submit button....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom