• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    My post looks fine on my computer. I didn't enter any links. I uploaded the pictures using Taptalk.

I think it's the picture sizing - depending on the computer screen resolution & pic size (pixel x pixel), sometimes the pics will be "1 per line" and sometimes side by side and/or look all jumbled up. Nothing you can do about it other than having all pics the same pixel size when you upload. Even then the magical "resizing" process the uploader does will still monkey with it. I'd rather see the very nice clear pics like you presented here than a bunch of same-sized dark iPhone shots that are upside down :)

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I think it's the picture sizing - depending on the computer screen resolution & pic size (pixel x pixel), sometimes the pics will be "1 per line" and sometimes side by side and/or look all jumbled up. Nothing you can do about it other than having all pics the same pixel size when you upload. Even then the magical "resizing" process the uploader does will still monkey with it. I'd rather see the very nice clear pics like you presented here than a bunch of same-sized dark iPhone shots that are upside down :)

When things are put onto a website, no matter what the pixel size of the original, they are displayed at 72 dpi. If you were to change anything, it would be the physical dimensions of the image. Run them through a program like Irfan (free to download) and change the width of everything to 5".

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    Got this M39 from Ms. Burns the other day. Probably paid $50-60 more than I would have a couple months ago, but went on self-imposed hiatus, and I'm still pleased with it. Shoots out of the box better than just about any surplus rifle I have. Shot it just a little high, then to the left, then dead on at 50yds.

Attachments

• M39 rifle.jpg
      M39 rifle.jpg
      69.3 KB · Views: 646
    • M39 receiver and sight.jpg
      M39 receiver and sight.jpg
      78.2 KB · Views: 615
    • M39 stock.jpg
      M39 stock.jpg
      76.8 KB · Views: 596
    • M39 50 yds.jpg
      M39 50 yds.jpg
      68.4 KB · Views: 611

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    I posted here about a project gun about a month or two ago, a DOT K98 Mauser on Cz 24 stock with a K98 front handguard that won't stay on, and a poor bore. Well took it to the range with the M39 for just 2d time. It shot high and way left when I had it out the first time. So at 50yds I aimed almost off the target frame right and extreme 6 o'clock hold and produced circled group with 10 rounds, last 5 in circle, despite fact that the handguard kept on working its way off the stock. Since I am a very average rifleman at best, I think this goes to show how fundamentally well these rifles were made.

Attachments

• target 50 yds 8-8 circled group.jpg
      target 50 yds 8-8 circled group.jpg
      75.9 KB · Views: 611

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Just got my 1947 M44 from AIM. Beautiful carbine... But covered in more marks than even my Molot it seems. Has what I assume are initials inscribed in the stock.

guvazuzy.jpg

ure7u5ep.jpg

a5u5a6a5.jpg

era3u6az.jpg

y2u7esa5.jpg
    qajynahe.jpg

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Only got a quick look before I had to log it and head back out but it's all matching I believe (no line outs, letters before the numbers on everything, appeared to be the same font, etc.)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Got mine today, too. An unserialized Victoria, although not a pristine as my other unserialized Swiss bayos. I'm very happy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      49.8 KB · Views: 394

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    THE STAR B IS HERE!

And I've got to say that, after a quick glance while taking photos, I'm really pleased with it!! Quick summary, so we can get to the pics:

I think it's a 1947, but I'll have to verify that. My memory for all the marks isn't that great. [EDIT ... it's 1945]

For its age, I'd agree that this is an "excellent" gun. It's far better than the photo they used to advertise them.

Came with 2 mags (appear to be original Star mags), cleaning rod, gun lock, and packed VERY well in egg crate foam padding.

Import stamp is not at all bad!! These are the best CAI stamps I've seen on new imports in the last year or two.

Finish appears to be original. I thought that it was too nice not to be a refurb, but stamps are far too crisp.

It does NOT seem to be a Russian capture/refurb. If it is, the usual "plum color" has been polished off the extractor. Pretty sure this one's original, though.

The only hesitation that I've got, pre-test-firing, is that the heel stamp "B" seems to be an over-stamp. I'll have to check that more. At first, I thought it was a B overstamp on an A frame, but the heel doesn't have the typical grind-down marks that you find on those. It's a good, sharp, heel edge. The over-stamp must be something else, but I don't recognize it.

No Guardia Civil or other nationality marks that I've found yet.

I LIKE IT!!

Attachments

• All_Parts.jpg
      All_Parts.jpg
      74.3 KB · Views: 405
    • Date_Proof_1.jpg
      Date_Proof_1.jpg
      56 KB · Views: 392
    • Import_Mark_2.jpg
      Import_Mark_2.jpg
      59.3 KB · Views: 404
    • Heel_Stamp_1.jpg