• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Blow

Joe Blow
    Feb 2, 2012
    Southern MD
    300 blkout 7.5 with slim rail, ferfrans crd, shockwave brace with law tactical folder, diamondhead sights, k2 grip

Attachments

• 14859788688211245960707.jpg
      14859788688211245960707.jpg
      107.1 KB · Views: 732
    • 1485978926139-1585740622.jpg
      1485978926139-1585740622.jpg
      108.5 KB · Views: 735

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    300 blkout 7.5 with slim rail, ferfrans crd, shockwave brace with law tactical folder, diamondhead sights, k2 grip

Im considering the Law Tac folder too. Have you fired it yet? Just wondering if it feels/responds any differently. Also if you don't mind saying how much did you pay? I see them on amazon for $259

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Im considering the Law Tac folder too. Have you fired it yet? Just wondering if it feels/responds any differently. Also if you don't mind saying how much did you pay? I see them on amazon for $259

Brownells had them for $200 after Christmas so I snagged one for my 9mm build.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Was that the build you brought to the SOTAR class on the 14th? If so i really liked how that turned out.

Yes it was. Thanks! :)

(ToolAA and I, as well as qwertee123 were helpers at that class. I brought the 9mm pistol just for show. It would not qualify as a class project as it was not a DGI type action.)

Joe Blow

Joe Blow
    Feb 2, 2012
    Southern MD
    The law tactical folder has a good solid lock up. I find no difference in firing a gun with one installed. Like Outrider said you can get it around $200

Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL
    Finished again! :D
    Received my new rail in the mail today and got it all installed. I think I'm done now. Few things I'm going to add... eventually: law tactical folding adapter, new selector switch, rail covers, and angled fore grip.

Parts:
    Engage forged upper and lower
    Noveski takedown pins
    ALG trigger + LPK
    Thordsen Customs pistol buffer kit w/ caa check rest
    K2 grip
    PSA BCG
    Strike Industries charging handle
    KAK 10.5 barrel and Yankee hill lowpro gas block
    Noveski KX5 Flash hider
    Midwest Industries lightweight M LOC 10.5 inch rail
    Magpul backup sights
    Vortex red dot

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpg
      IMG_0082.jpg
      64.8 KB · Views: 594

Wreckless

Mar 27, 2009
    Frederick
    Any consensus on an optic for an AR pistol? I just finished an 8.5" 300BLK build and I've got Magpul MBUS on there for now. I have an Aimpoint PRO on my full size AR but it seems like that would be kind of top heavy for the 8.5".

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I just put a Vortex Sparc AR on my 8.5" SBR.

I haven't shot the rifle with it on there yet, but for the $140 I paid for it on sale from Palmetto, it's a fantastic optic. Light, fast, and looks pretty sturdy. My only complaint with it right now is that the lens caps are stupid. They're attached with little plastic / rubber strap things, and you have to manually fold them back and clip them to each other to keep them out of the way. I'm actually thinking about cutting them off altogether and just putting them in my pocket at the range. I figure if I ever "need" the rifle I won't give a damn if I just dropped the lens caps on the ground.

I own one of the Bushnell TRS-series optics, and it's fine for what it is, but for a little more I think the Vortex is a much better proposition.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I just put a Vortex Sparc AR on my 8.5" SBR.

I haven't shot the rifle with it on there yet, but for the $140 I paid for it on sale from Palmetto, it's a fantastic optic. Light, fast, and looks pretty sturdy. My only complaint with it right now is that the lens caps are stupid. They're attached with little plastic / rubber strap things, and you have to manually fold them back and clip them to each other to keep them out of the way. I'm actually thinking about cutting them off altogether and just putting them in my pocket at the range. I figure if I ever "need" the rifle I won't give a damn if I just dropped the lens caps on the ground.

I own one of the Bushnell TRS-series optics, and it's fine for what it is, but for a little more I think the Vortex is a much better proposition.
    ScopeCoat makes some options that will work on many of the current red dot sights. I have a couple for the TRS and Primary Arms smaller red dots... just an option for you. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom