• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Currently sitting in my office locked down because some idiot thought it was cool to walk through base housing with an AR. SF is about to light his ass up when they find him
    always some stupid stuff going on.
    true, but there are a bunch of bat shit crazy people in the military
    Military is only a percentage of society...
    Yeah that base and the area around it is wild. With Air Force One there as well as other high profile squadrons they typically don't **** around too much either. Not sure what the rules are for on base housing residents for personal firearm ownership though.
    Some dumbass is prob seeing how their tax dollars are being spent :rolleyes:

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I watched a lady get her ass kicked on Andrews about 15 years ago, after she ran the gate next to the golf course. The guards were not subtle while putting her on the ground and in cuffs. No idea if any big wigs were out golfing that day...

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Buddy was getting food from a place right out the gate. He had his 3 month old in his arms. Hooker walks up and asks if he wants a blowie.

Reminds me of Norfolk Naval Base outside the main gate. Bars and titty joints. As a 10 year old in the very early 70's that's what I remember the most. When I got bigger I found out what Court St. in Jacksonville, NC was.

USAF05

Just one more gun...
    Sep 26, 2022
    Andrews AF
    Is he Swiss cheese or prison material?
    Turns out I was actually watching live from the fox news chopper one of my personnel on his day off chilling in the grass studying with headphones in. Imagine his surprise looking up to see 30 guns in his face and people screaming at him. He thought he was doing the right thing by staying away from main base, but being alone out there made him that much more suspicious.

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    Turns out I was actually watching live from the fox news chopper one of my personnel on his day off chilling in the grass studying with headphones in. Imagine his surprise looking up to see 30 guns in his face and people screaming at him. He thought he was doing the right thing by staying away from main base, but being alone out there made him that much more suspicious.
    Was he the one with the AR? Or mistaken identity?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    JB Andrews is an interesting place. I worked there as a contractor for nearly 13 years so I saw a bit of this and that over that time span.

Regarding guns on base, there was a small group of us who are gun enthusiasts and we were interested in doing some shooting together at the range that's just outside of the Pearl Harbor gate. The idea was that we'd hit the range at the end of the work day, or possibly over lunch.

The issue is that we could never nail down what it would take, or even if we could bring personally owned firearms onto the base. Any time a person drives onto base it's entirely possible to be stopped and have your car searched by the gate guards, so we wanted to be in compliance with whatever regulations were in place, and one of our group vowed he'd get to the bottom of it.

He never was able to get a straight answer about how to go about doing it, so our range dates never materialized.

USAF05

Just one more gun...
    Sep 26, 2022
    Andrews AF
    JB Andrews is an interesting place. I worked there as a contractor for nearly 13 years so I saw a bit of this and that over that time span.

Regarding guns on base, there was a small group of us who are gun enthusiasts and we were interested in doing some shooting together at the range that's just outside of the Pearl Harbor gate. The idea was that we'd hit the range at the end of the work day, or possibly over lunch.

The issue is that we could never nail down what it would take, or even if we could bring personally owned firearms onto the base. Any time a person drives onto base it's entirely possible to be stopped and have your car searched by the gate guards, so we wanted to be in compliance with whatever regulations were in place, and one of our group vowed he'd get to the bottom of it.

He never was able to get a straight answer about how to go about doing it, so our range dates never materialized.
    I have pitched to numerous installation commanders adding lockers similar to what you would see at a train station or skating rink. Place them outside the gate, allow members to secure their firearms in the locker, maybe charge a nominal fee if necessary that way members could carry to and from work. Haven't met a 2A installation commander yet though so it went nowhere.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I have pitched to numerous installation commanders adding lockers similar to what you would see at a train station or skating rink. Place them outside the gate, allow members to secure their firearms in the locker, maybe charge a nominal fee if necessary that way members could carry to and from work. Haven't met a 2A installation commander yet though so it went nowhere.
    Lol yeah good luck with that

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom