• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatter

NEWB - Slack Appreciated!
    Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    Congratulations to all the other folks (somewhere between 25 and 30 new members) who also joined today.

Everyone got pretty toasted during the range orientation, but it was a nice walk-through. Not many shooters at the range today due to the heat.

Many thanks the the AGC staff who stayed late so we could all get range passes today. I took advantage of it and stopped by the pistol range on the way out to shoot a few rounds.

Looking forward to spending a lot more time at the range!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Congratulations to all the other folks (somewhere between 25 and 30 new members) who also joined today.

Everyone got pretty toasted during the range orientation, but it was a nice walk-through.

Doesn't sound like the place to get toasted.

Hatter

Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    It was thermal rather than alcohol I was referring to, but you are right - mixing anything that will skew your judgement before shooting is not a good idea

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Congratulations to all who came out yesterday during the heat. I know it was a bit of challenge as a majority of the club officers were not present due to commitments with the Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association.

A special thanks to the club instructor, Patty West, who did double duty as acting treasurer processing new and returning members in addition to conducting the range orientation. Also a thank you to Kurt of the AGC who stayed around to process AGC range badges for the new members.

JessyPR

Υ Σ Μ Χ
    Feb 26, 2013
    AA County
    Hatter it was great meeting you yesterday. Wish I could've some time on the range yesterday. Guess I'll have to go twice next week to make up for it :-)

Thanks to Patty and Kurt for taking care of us!

Hatter

Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    Hatter it was great meeting you yesterday. Wish I could've some time on the range yesterday. Guess I'll have to go twice next week to make up for it :-)

Thanks to Patty and Kurt for taking care of us!

My pleasure! It was great talking with all of the folks who showed up, and I thought the safety orientation and walkthrough were handled well also.

I will be sure to tell the wife (Paridigm_Shift) you said hello. We ended up going out to the range today to shoot the new 15/22 and it did not skip a beat in about 250 rounds. From my past experience, that is great for an automatic 22. It took us a while to get the sights dialed in, but it shot good groups all day, as long as we pointed it properly.

JessyPR

Υ Σ Μ Χ
    Feb 26, 2013
    AA County
    My pleasure! It was great talking with all of the folks who showed up, and I thought the safety orientation and walkthrough were handled well also.

I will be sure to tell the wife (Paridigm_Shift) you said hello. We ended up going out to the range today to shoot the new 15/22 and it did not skip a beat in about 250 rounds. From my past experience, that is great for an automatic 22. It took us a while to get the sights dialed in, but it shot good groups all day, as long as we pointed it properly.

Yes, please say hi to her. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet her at the next MRPC meeting. My daughter and I stopped by Bart's this morning to pick up some lowers and they had a few 15/22's available. We were in a hurry and didn't play with them much. Which is a good thing... otherwise we would've walked out of there with one of them. My daughter loved it. The 15/22 has now moved to the top of our wishlist :D

Hatter

Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    Well...... ours is not pink, but she is welcome to run some rounds through it if we ever end up on the range at the same time.

If she is looking at the pink ones, check to see if the stock is adjustable or not. I saw a note in another thread that mentioned that the fixed stock version can be returned to adjustable by drilling out a pin. We had passed on one a week or two ago because of the fixed stock.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD

You should have stopped by the MRPC Smallbore shoot (near the Juniors shed) on Sunday. We encourage members to come out to the casual shoots and Chuck Ramser has some of best!

The Smallbore League meets the third Sunday of each month at 12:30PM for set up and start shooting at 1:00PM. The cost is a whopping $5.00 to cover targets and the food after.

Come on out if you can!

Hatter

Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    You should have stopped by the MRPC Smallbore shoot (near the Juniors shed) on Sunday. We encourage members to come out to the casual shoots and Chuck Ramser has some of best!

The Smallbore League meets the third Sunday of each month at 12:30PM for set up and start shooting at 1:00PM. The cost is a whopping $5.00 to cover targets and the food after.

Come on out if you can!

That sounds like fun! I think we ended up at the range later than they shot due to previously scheduled things. We did not get there until after 1700 or so. I saw the notice about the small bore shoot, but did not know the details.

That sounds like an ideal opportunity for your daughter to shoot Jessy - wait.... shoot targets, not you.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom