• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    We have said this until we are blue in the face: in a matter of months the Democrat controlled legislature will undo any major 2A "upgrade" Hogan engineers--and then use the NATIONAL Democrat fundraising effort underway now to create endless "Wild West Shootout" TV commercial to stir up Democrat morons to defeat him.

In a second Hogan term he will have control over the crucial redistricting process that could change the Democrat stranglehold forever.

Do you want to deal with political realities or do you just want what you want, and want it now?

I think you are beating a dead mule here. (pun intended). I believe he earlier stated he is a single issue voter.

We have said this until we are blue in the face: in a matter of months the Democrat controlled legislature will undo any major 2A "upgrade" Hogan engineers--and then use the NATIONAL Democrat fundraising effort underway now to create endless "Wild West Shootout" TV commercial to stir up Democrat morons to defeat him.

In a second Hogan term he will have control over the crucial redistricting process that could change the Democrat stranglehold forever.

Do you want to deal with political realities or do you just want what you want, and want it now?

Statistically he is unlikely to win another term so yes, I would like him to act now or at least tell us that he is pro 2A...if he doesn't win we may not get another chance in our lifetime....

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Oh spare me the drama.

Using your "statistical" attitude, no Republicans should ever try to run for Governor because "they can't win".

Don't worry, someone else will pull the wagon while you ride.

Oh spare me the drama.

Using your "statistical" attitude, no Republicans should ever try to run for Governor because "they can't win".

You will be crying in your beer when I'm right...if you're so sure he's going to address the issue in his 2nd term, why don't you try to pin him down on his 2A position...or are you afraid of what his answer may be?

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    Oh spare me the drama.

You also cannot avoid the facts. In Maryland's history there have been 62 governor's. Only 1 Republican has ever had a second term and that was 6+ decades ago.

President Trump is going to bit-ch slap Hogan for not endorsing him. It wouldn't surprise me if Hogan opts not to run for a second term.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    You also cannot avoid the facts. In Maryland's history there have been 62 governor's. Only 1 Republican has ever had a second term and that was 6+ decades ago.

President Trump is going to bit-ch slap Hogan for not endorsing him. It wouldn't surprise me if Hogan opts not to run for a second term.

This is the prime reason establishment republicans wanted trump to loose. He's imploding in front of our eyes and basically handed Clinton the White House because he's unable to keep his mouth shut. Your seeing an implosion of the Republican Party that will have longer political repercussions because Americans can't see past the "right now".

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    You also cannot avoid the facts. In Maryland's history there have been 62 governor's. Only 1 Republican has ever had a second term and that was 6+ decades ago. President Trump is going to bit-ch slap Hogan for not endorsing him. It wouldn't surprise me if Hogan opts not to run for a second term.

I literally LOL'd at this. Maryland isn't at all in play for Trump, nor does it help Hogan's re-election hopes to publicly endorse or support him.

Hogan won because he got enough Democrats and independents to go his way because he outclassed his O'Malley-esque opponent in every light -- especially economically. He was also personable, articulate, and avoided social issues nearly entirely.

Hogan and Trump don't need one another at all. Not in the least.

If you want to ensure that MD has any kind of future at all, get behind Hogan and get behind Szeliga. Gotta go big picture here. Can't do that? The door is over there ->

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    I literally LOL'd at this. Maryland isn't at all in play for Trump, nor does it help Hogan's re-election hopes to publicly endorse or support him.

Hogan won because he got enough Democrats and independents to go his way because he outclassed his O'Malley-esque opponent in every light -- especially economically. He was also personable, articulate, and avoided social issues nearly entirely.

Hogan and Trump don't need one another at all. Not in the least.

If you want to ensure that MD has any kind of future at all, get behind Hogan and get behind Szeliga. Gotta go big picture here. Can't do that? The door is over there ->

Maryland is absolutely in play when Trump becomes President.

The life blood of Maryland's economy is federal contracts. Trump is promising a review and renegotiate contracts he believes are screwing the taxpayers.

I can see Maryland being high on Trump's list of targets. A blue state with a GOP governor that ignored him during the election cycle.

I will get behind Hogan as soon as he gets behind Trump.

As soon as my wife retires in two years, like many recently, I do plan on using the door over there. Too many other options with lower cost of livings that will not be taxing our retirement income.

Senior tax relief, just another Hogan broken promise.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    As I sit here in the Handgun Permit Review Board, I want to add this here:

If you really are exercised about infringements in Maryland, aren't you more angry about the Handgun Qualification License (HQL)? That is the infringement that puts so many more people at risk by discouraging folks from obtaining handguns EVEN FOR THEIR HOMES.

Have you donated money to fight it in the courts--where we can win no matter what the makeup of the legislature?

The HQL is Maryland's most egregious infringement. Period.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    As I sit here in the Handgun Permit Review Board, I want to add this here:

If you really are exercised about infringements in Maryland, aren't you more angry about the Handgun Qualification License (HQL)? That is the infringement that puts so many more people at risk by discouraging folks from obtaining handguns EVEN FOR THEIR HOMES.

Have you donated money to fight it in the courts--where we can win no matter what the makeup of the legislature?

The HQL is Maryland's most egregious infringement. Period.

Rack, thanks for your hard work, while battling cancer. :thumbsup: I appreciate the (multi day) efforts of you and colleagues in shaming legislators trying to further restrict 2A protections during this last legislative session, and making the media report a bit more of gun owners' perspective. I also appreciate the many trips you and fellow MDSers are making to the HPRB meetings, leveraging citizen democracy as best we can in this state. I have also donated to the HQL suit, several times. It's a multi front war to preserve our rights.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Rack, thanks for your hard work, while battling cancer. :thumbsup: I appreciate the (multi day) efforts of you and colleagues in shaming legislators trying to further restrict 2A protections during this last legislative session, and making the media report a bit more of gun owners' perspective. I also appreciate the many trips you and fellow MDSers are making to the HPRB meetings, leveraging citizen democracy as best we can in this state. I have also donated to the HQL suit, several times. It's a multi front war to preserve our rights.

Thank you sir! Sometimes I just want to pull my hair out.

oops, too late LOL.

JRoCc

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2010
    Earth

This. :patriot:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    You will be crying in your beer when I'm right...if you're so sure he's going to address the issue in his 2nd term, why don't you try to pin him down on his 2A position...or are you afraid of what his answer may be?

So let me ask both of you a couple of questions...

If the Governor does do what we would like him to do and define personal protection as G&S (It already is by MSP BTW), and he instructs the Secretary of MSP to remove restrictions, both of you will be happy?

If, in response to the above, the legislature tries to pass a bill or bills to remove the Governors authority to do the above and overturn what he has done, how many days in Annapolis fighting those bills, holding signs, meeting with elected officials and testifying in committees are you each willing to dedicate?

If the bill bill passes and the Governor vetoes it, how many days in Annapolis will you each dedicate to fight against a veto override?

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

If the Governor does do what we would like him to do and define personal protection as G&S (It already is by MSP BTW), and he instructs the Secretary of MSP to remove restrictions, both of you will be happy?

If, in response to the above, the legislature tries to pass a bill or bills to remove the Governors authority to do the above and overturn what he has done, how many days in Annapolis fighting those bills, holding signs, meeting with elected officials and testifying in committees are you each willing to dedicate?

If the bill bill passes and the Governor vetoes it, how many days in Annapolis will you each dedicate to fight against a veto override?

Respectfully, that's where proper timing would have come into play. Making this change in April or May, right after sine die, would have put larger numbers of permits in the hands of people not willing to give them up. People with skin in the game. Like we saw in '13 when people thought they may have to give up arms they already owned.

There was a right way to do this. Several paths actually. That time is almost past.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015

I want to hear Hogan publicly state his position on concealed carry.

As long as he remains mute on the subject I believe any time I would spend in Annapolis would be just as ineffective as it was in 2013.

In 2013 my son and I spent many hours waiting to testify on both the House and Senate bills as well as much time visiting our representatives. That time proved to have little impact.

Not enough has changed in the MGA over the last 3 years for me to believe that expenditures of time will make much difference. Especially with a governor that refuses to let the public know where he stands on concealed carry issues.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I want to hear Hogan publicly state his position on concealed carry.

As long as he remains mute on the subject I believe any time I would spend in Annapolis would be just as ineffective as it was in 2013.

In 2013 my son and I spent many hours waiting to testify on both the House and Senate bills as well as much time visiting our representatives. That time proved to have little impact.

Not enough has changed in the MGA over the last 3 years for me to believe that expenditures of time will make much difference. Especially with a governor that refuses to let the public know where he stands on concealed carry issues.

You still haven't answered the questions....Nice deflection though.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    This is the prime reason establishment republicans wanted trump to loose. He's imploding in front of our eyes and basically handed Clinton the White House because he's unable to keep his mouth shut. Your seeing an implosion of the Republican Party that will have longer political repercussions because Americans can't see past the "right now".
    All of that is because we've been told "not now" for 2-3 decades. "Now is not the time" for repealing bad laws, cutting bureaucracy, kicking out anti 2a judges, scrapping entitlement programs, etc. We have been told to shut up and fall in line and accept what the enemy wants because our own supposed political allies have to appease the other side as "strategy". Granted I know that there are times you do want to be quieter to make sure you get reelected, but then what? Time and again we HAVE shut up for the moment, only to be told still again not yet once the moment has come and gone. Stealth tactics are only good if you make good on the promises justifying them. To date, the R's have not.

People hopped on the Trump bandwagon because they're justifiably sick of that. We're sick of the McCains, Grahams, McConnells, Boehners, Romneys, et al. "Oh, but be reasonable!" What, so we get screwed again? So we must crouch down in terror, waiting, hoping for the storm to pass with as little damage as possible? Are you not sick of being the left's playtoy that it can chew upon and toss about as it pleases?

When does our side stand up and kick the other in the balls and chop its head off finally? Declare loony time over and back to America normal instead of this utterly intolerable "new normal"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom