• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    Okay, dumb question. This BCG group includes the "Firing Pin Retention: Upgraded KNS Perma Pin instead of cotter pin ($7.50 value)".

Here is a pic...

BCG_zpsf70827d2.jpg

How do I remove this? I'm used to a simple cotter pin.

The opposite side appears to have two prongs that exert pressure to the outside of the hole for the firing-pin retaining pin.

Okay, dumb question. This BCG group includes the "Firing Pin Retention: Upgraded KNS Perma Pin instead of cotter pin ($7.50 value)".

Here is a pic...

BCG_zpsf70827d2.jpg

How do I remove this? I'm used to a simple cotter pin.

The opposite side appears to have two prongs that exert pressure to the outside of the hole for the firing-pin retaining pin.

Yeah, this was the one thing I didn't like about my JoeBob's NiB bcg. When I tried to disassemble it to lubricate the bolt, I had one hell of a time getting this out, and finally had to use a punch. Then when I did, one of the little prongs broke off. I replaced it with a cotter pin, which I much prefer.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    It should be easily removed with a small punch. Push it out softly. They rarely break, but they are hardened steel so if they are forced out then they can snap.

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    I finally got around to cleaning my AR (once a year whether it needs it or not).

FYI, a 3/32 punch easily removes the pin with a gentle tap. Not issue at all.

No matter how much I soak the parts in Hoppes #9, the carbon seems to stick to the coating. It never affected performance, but that is my observation.

Spizike9

Apr 29, 2012
    I finally got around to cleaning my AR (once a year whether it needs it or not).

FYI, a 3/32 punch easily removes the pin with a gentle tap. Not issue at all.

No matter how much I soak the parts in Hoppes #9, the carbon seems to stick to the coating. It never affected performance, but that is my observation.

Try some Fireclean. Although the carbon will stain the NiB the Fireclean will take it right off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom