• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    Anybody know anything about her? All I've found is that she served on the US Court of Appeals since 2013 and worked for the Public Defenders office in Iowa from 1994. She's also in the same graduating class as Obama. Haven't found much about her rulings and opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Danb provided a NY Times link with a little background ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/03/u...e-vetting-jane-kelly-judge-supreme-court.html

In a Senate floor speech in 2013, Mr. Grassley effusively praised Judge Kelly, who has spent her career in Iowa and is well regarded in legal circles there. He quoted from a letter from retired Judge David R. Hansen, a Republican appointee, who called her a “forthright woman of high integrity and honest character” and a person of “exceptionally keen intellect” before voting to confirm her for the appeals court post.​

I would hope Grassley would not "effusively praise" someone who turned out to be anti-2A

Opinions on 2A stance?

Prior opinions?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    She doesn't have enough of a history and record to be a viable candidate regardless of who nominates her and what her political tendencies are.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    She doesn't have enough of a history and record to be a viable candidate regardless of who nominates her and what her political tendencies are.

No that's exactly what they are looking for. Only two qualifications now: be young enough to impact the SCOTUS for years to come and have minimal record to get through the nominating process before you show your true colors.

This tidbit was interesting though: "In 2004, Kelly was attacked while jogging in a park in Cedar Rapids, brutally beaten and left barely conscious; her assailant was never identified."

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    No that's exactly what they are looking for. Only two qualifications now: be young enough to impact the SCOTUS for years to come and have minimal record to get through the nominating process before you show your true colors.

This tidbit was interesting though: "In 2004, Kelly was attacked while jogging in a park in Cedar Rapids, brutally beaten and left barely conscious; her assailant was never identified."
    Yeah. Poor gal.

That's when they put the chip in her brain...

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I have not been able to find anything. The questionnaire from her previous senate judiciary review is generic.

On the one hand, I would like to think that "effusive praise" by Grassley and a 94-0 confirmation vote means she is pro-2A

On the other hand, being in the same graduating class as Obama, I keep thinking in my hindbrain there is something he knows which we don't.

I sense a trap and I do not like it.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I'm am definitely inclined not to trust him, and them having the chance of knowing each other, (of which the public knows nothing about) is too great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom