• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The younger member has been strangely quiet. Perhaps he has gone back to "...do some real reading and research about it..." with his new found perspective?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    and perhaps refrain from calling other members ignorant when it is he who might be the person who needs to learn a little more.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They had a short package on DC Channel 7 (ABC) last night on the 50 vets who showed up with placards to demonstrate at her appearance. As always, polite, respectful and law abiding. Imagine that.

Last edited:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The Frederick News Post article is an incoherent whitewash. Seems she disagreed with attacking dikes. Something about a bombing being propaganda. People misunderstood her. She regrets sitting at the AA battery. But the trip to North Vietnam was a wonderful experience.

No doubt many readers don't realize this had something to do with some war somewhere.

Nothing about the note slipped to her by the POW.

That one always infuriates the living shit out of me. Just infuriates me.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I will add, if you were only a child when this occurred and you feel she should be forgiven...
    Maybe you should spend a afternoon at the Wall down in DC this weekend and ask a few Vets that were there, if she should be forgiven..

I'd burn Jane at the stake and pour on plenty of fuel to make sure she was done good. That bitch needs to pay for what she did.

Lew--Ranger63
    Korea, Vietnam, Vietnam II, Germany

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    So much hatred for something she did where she admitted that she was wrong to do what she did. She was young, impressionable, and did some stupid stuff. Has anyone else here ever done stupid stuff when they were young, dumb and impressionable?

I've done a good bit of reading about this, and I don't know why so many still harbor such hatred for something she has repeatedly apologized for that she did in 1972. 1972 for Christ's sake - that was 42 years ago when I was 2 years old. On top of that, much of what a lot of Jane Fonda haters say she did is little more than propaganda, and isn't true at all. (for anyone who would say otherwise, I encourage you to do some independent research on the subject.)

In the words of Elsa from the movie "Frozen" - let it gooooo, let it goooooo.....

Stay classy. :tdown:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    How do you feel about Edward Snowden and Bowe Berghdal? They did the same damn thing as her.

No, one did not, the jury is literally still out on the other(the investigation has not been released).

Even though snowden performed heinous acts against the US government machine. It was to inform the public.

Bergdahl, deserted the army. Yes, there were plenty of deserters in vietnam also.

The b1tch needs to live with the blood of the GIs that she killed. As the veterans lives with the scars of war every day, so should she.

We are not talking about a few soldiers killed, she single handedly killed thousands with her assistance to the north vietnamese.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    No, one did not, the jury is literally still out on the other(the investigation has not been released).

Even though snowden performed heinous acts against the US government machine. It was to inform the public.

Bergdahl, deserted the army. Yes, there were plenty of deserters in vietnam also.

The b1tch needs to live with the blood of the GIs that she killed. As the veterans lives with the scars of war every day, so should she.

We are not talking about a few soldiers killed, she single handedly killed thousands with her assistance to the north vietnamese.

All three should be in jail for a long time........and the executed for their acts of betrayal to this country.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member

All three should be in jail for a long time........and then executed for their acts of betrayal to this country.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

Bergdahl corroborated with the enemy and managed to get 12 of his brothers killed. VN deserters went to Canada and NOT the dinks, HUGE difference. Bergdahl needs to hang.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Bergdahl corroborated with the enemy and managed to get 12 of his brothers killed. VN deserters went to Canada and NOT the dinks, HUGE difference. Bergdahl needs to hang.

Some VN deserters also "went native" as I recall. But I agree on BB - treason, clear and simple. Life in prison or execution.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Not disagreeing

My argument: Fonda was far worse.

Agree that both were traitorous in ways that harmed the country. Fonda's citizenship should have been voided when she was in Hanoi, if things like this were possible. Bergdahl should have been left overseas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom