• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    While the box score is a neat idea, it isn't official unless we see the actual letters that go out from the HPRB to both the applicant and MSP.

There's nothing official about the post that contains it either. And you can caveat it as UNOFFICIAL. The Internet contains worse presented and taken as fact.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Honestly, I think it's about the signal to noise ratio.

I have no problem with forum in jokes and being silly with friends and stuff. I do it too.

The problem is that there is potentially a lot of really good, really important information in the HPRB threads that could be used as a very positive force for what we're trying to do, but it gets VERY lost in 32 pages of in-jokes, emojis, and "hey, she scratched her left eyebrow just now!" type posts.

Due to work / life scheduling between my wife and I, I'm not generally currently able to make the meetings, so I make a serious effort to read up on what goes on, but it is hard to sift though pages and pages of the jokes to find the posts that have the really useful information.

Some of the lenghier summaries that get written out are a wonderful resource for those of us who can't be there, but finding them is really becoming a pain.

Maybe having a thread for each meeting that's less of a "live blog" type thing and more of a "here's the summary for tonight" would help?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Since the HPRB meeting threads get started pretty much as soon as a meeting finishes and have about 8-10 pages before the next meeting actually gets underway, possibly a separate "Results of the HPRB Meeting On XYZ Date" thread with just a summary of the meeting would be appropriate.

The original thread could be used as is with the jocularity and the real time expressions of incredulity and four letter word usage.

Just a thought....

Or the first page could be edited with an UNOFFICIAL summary to save lookup and "fly sh1t filtering" time.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I did?

Wading through tons of crap ain't fun. The only remedy is for folks to stop crapping or put up with the slogging. Kudos to those who are willing to bring others up to date. I barely have enough time to make the trek once.

It was sarcasm Don.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom