• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Just a theory, but I kind of think they play the waiting game... seeing how many orders they can get before they bulk order components so that they can be real tight on costs to make as much as they can per round at the low cost.

In all honesty, I don't see that as a winning long-term strategy.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Jack Ross Ammo

The good:
    At $.1715 a round shipped, I can't find cheaper yet for brass ammo.

The bad:
    I ordered in April... Still nothing from Jack Ross...

Just an FYI:

http://www.reliantammo.com/ammunition.aspx

These guys sometimes run deals and are cheaper. The key is where you live and the shipping charge. Sometimes it's good, sometimes not, depending on the deal. It's worth it to run the numbers, though. I got an order of .45 reloads in from these guys, and they came within a week, if memory serves. I haven't seen it yet, but I have seen photos of stuff others got recently. They call commented it's decent enough cheap plinkin' ammo. I do know that my father said a few of the boxes from Reliant broke apart in shipping, so the bullets came out when he opened up the shipping box.

To be honest, next time around, I'll just watch www.sgammo.com and pick-up a deal on new ammo from S&B or Federal something. I have had really good luck with SGAmmo shipping in a few days.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Jack Ross was fulfilling their mid-late March orders, last time I checked. What's funny is that they seem to be entirely production-limited - someone asked them about brass shortages, and they said they had barrels of the stuff, that was not the issue.

I have a case on order with them; if it works well, I'll buy another few cases and just sit it out. Price is right, and all that.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    my parents did find that I got my ammo at their house. The strange thing is that I emailed jack ross about it. I asked if they could provide a tracking number with the order they sent. They could not do it. Or at least they didn't. Instead I got an email back asking me to call them. Anyway I can't believe that they don't send the tracking number and verification that they have shipped. It's possible that I could have received one in email and deleted it but I don't ever remember doing so. I'm pretty sure they never notified me that they had actually shipped it. I only received some sort of odd message that my order has been confirmed.

That situation is especially dangerous given that sometimes things ship and then do not arrive at their destination. How would anyone know the ammo was sent if it took them a month or 2 to actually send it?

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    I've found that Freedom is slightly higher priced than Jack, but I'm willing to pay the extra few cents per round to get them months sooner. Also, every round from freedom has gone "boom", no complaints there.

I did have one issue where they shipped FMJ's in 13/20 boxes labeled "JHP". I was sort of pissed (as you can imagine), but with one call they apologized for the mix-up and shipped the correct stuff out that same day. I bring it up because how companies handle problems is IMHO important, and they handled it well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom