• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    I'm interested in this too.
    What does mixed head stamps mean? Is it simply that the brass came from different manufacturers all mixed together?

Lol @ "(related to the thread anyway)"

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I'm interested in this too.
    What does mixed head stamps mean? Is it simply that the brass came from different manufacturers all mixed together?

Lol @ "(related to the thread anyway)"

yes.

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    Freedom Munitions 45 ACP has been good so far (couple hundred rounds). These...

B45F230R
    45 Auto 230 gr. RN - B
    [45 Auto 230 gr. RN - B:Box of 500]1
    $137.49

FM45F230R
    45 Auto 230 gr. RN
    [45 Auto 230 gr. RN:Box of 500]1
    $139.49

I tried both cheapies - the $2 buys you boxes with trays rather than smaller boxes without trays - and that's the only difference I see (the B is for blemishes I think, but I don't see any).

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    Just bought 1000 rounds of Freedom Munitions 9mm, 115gr., FMJ.
    Ammo arrived clean, polished, and I just went through about 300 rounds without a hitch.

I'll most likely be ordering from them again.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    The Mastercast Bullet reloaded ammo I've used is excellent. Nicer than a lot of my factory new ammo.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Process is just like selecting new ammo. Buy a small amount of each, test for function and accuraccy in your individual gun(s).

I just got my 1k rounds of 9mm reloaded and it looks good but I have yet to shoot it and see if it's reliable I haven't herd any thing bad about them I know there is a thread in the depot section with people who have not had problems with them yet. I'll see if I can go find it. My one problem I have with freedom munitions is there shipping price, if you have a coupon code I think they are ok. I also remember hearing a rumor that the owners of Freedom Munitions and Jack Ross used to be partners of a different company (can't remember who) but split ways for what ever reason.

ETA: here is the link and it was in the handgun section sorry. http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=73865

Shipping is $7.50 more at Freedom Munitions

mdshooterguy2820

Aug 26, 2011
    Joppa, MD
    Just bought and tried a box of each from freedom munitions:

45 new
    45 reloaded
    40 new
    40 reloaded
    5.56 reloaded
    223 reloaded

The good:
    Every round of each box fired and I did not notice any power difference between rounds (hot loads etc...). The fact of box with tray or box with ammo just dumped in was random. Two boxes of reloaded were in trays and one box of new were in a bulk box ??? Brass is mixed on the reloads but well cleaned and prepped. Every round fed and ejected without a single issue. No copper fouling.

The bad:
    Dirty, dirty, dirty. I spent hours cleaning my DDM4 DI AR. It was trashed after 100 rounds. Magazines on all three guns were trashed. Barrels were trashed. Everything looked like I had shot 5000 rounds through it. But all three guns kept eating it. Now my EAA Witness with the ported barrel got about 10 rounds through it and started key holing. No help there. Field cleaned it and got about 10 rounds till the key holing started again. Not as much the ammo as a very picky gun shooting very dirty ammo.

Just my experience. YMMV. I probably will pass on Freedom Munitions in the future. What you save in price might be spent in cleaning supplies. Going to try the same test with Jack Ross.

markc

Apr 9, 2011
    Jack Ross Ammo

The good:
    At $.1715 a round shipped, I can't find cheaper yet for brass ammo.

The bad:
    I ordered in April... Still nothing from Jack Ross...

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Just bought and tried a box of each from freedom munitions:

45 new
    45 reloaded
    40 new
    40 reloaded
    5.56 reloaded
    223 reloaded

The good:
    Every round of each box fired and I did not notice any power difference between rounds (hot loads etc...). The fact of box with tray or box with ammo just dumped in was random. Two boxes of reloaded were in trays and one box of new were in a bulk box ??? Brass is mixed on the reloads but well cleaned and prepped. Every round fed and ejected without a single issue. No copper fouling.

The bad:
    Dirty, dirty, dirty. I spent hours cleaning my DDM4 DI AR. It was trashed after 100 rounds. Magazines on all three guns were trashed. Barrels were trashed. Everything looked like I had shot 5000 rounds through it. But all three guns kept eating it. Now my EAA Witness with the ported barrel got about 10 rounds through it and started key holing. No help there. Field cleaned it and got about 10 rounds till the key holing started again. Not as much the ammo as a very picky gun shooting very dirty ammo.

Just my experience. YMMV. I probably will pass on Freedom Munitions in the future. What you save in price might be spent in cleaning supplies. Going to try the same test with Jack Ross.

Maybe I'm weird, but because my main centerfire gun, my fnp-9, is so simple to clean, I like getting it dirty.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    Jack Ross Ammo

The good:
    At $.1715 a round shipped, I can't find cheaper yet for brass ammo.

The bad:
    I ordered in April... Still nothing from Jack Ross...

Double wow...I was planning to pick up some this week, but not for a 2+ month wait. Have you called to check that your order wasn't lost and confirmed they are just backordered?

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    You know, I ordered some Jack Ross 9mm on April 18th and had it shipped to my parent's house in Iowa. I read this thread, and got worried it had never showed. I went online to the Jack Ross site, and realized that they had confirmed my order, than sent me an e-mail that it had been "completed", but never a tracking number for the FEDEX, and no note that it had actually shipped.

So, after reading these posts about people ordering in April and not getting their ammo, I became a bit worried. My parents went thru a move in the meantime, and are now at a new address. I had to ask my father to see if it was around. Luckily, it had arrived and mom had put it downstairs on a shelf before the move.

So I did get my Jack Ross ammo, apparently. It took a few weeks, then.

I also had ordered some from Reliant ammo, which had a good deal going at the time, and I'd heard some ammo had arrived, but I didn't know which one.

markc

Apr 9, 2011
    Here was the Jack Ross ammo review, with photos, that I originally saw. I still wouldn't order anything from them if you need the ammo soon -- despite my order showing up. I have read a few stories around the web about them taking weeks or months to deliver:

http://www.minutemanreview.com/2012/04/jack-ross-ammo-review-pt-ii.html

Double wow...I was planning to pick up some this week, but not for a 2+ month wait. Have you called to check that your order wasn't lost and confirmed they are just backordered?

It's all training... 7 day wait for regulated firearms, 2 month wait for ammunition, 6 month wait for NFA... baby steps... :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom