• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    So I ordered 1k of 9mm ammo from them back on May 4. I have been checking my account and my order has not shipped out yet. Beck when I ordered the site stated a 6 week wait for the ammo. It's been over 2 months. Tried calling multiple times today. No answer and voicemail is full. Anyone order ammo from them recently?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Haven't ordered from them before, think I won't ever order from them depending on how this goes.

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    I'll give them til the end of the week to respond to my email. I'll also try calling again tom. If I don't get any reponse from them I'm going to dispute the transaction with my CC company. I'm a cheap b4st4rd and I'll wait if I can save money but waiting 3 months to save $20/1k on ammo is ridiculous.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I am frugal, not cheap. I just got 500 rounds of factory fresh 9mm ball from AIM Surplus. Ordered it Friday very early AM, around 1am. Yep, I paid a little more than you but I got my ammo and can shoot tomorrow.

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    I am frugal, not cheap. I just got 500 rounds of factory fresh 9mm ball from AIM Surplus. Ordered it Friday very early AM, around 1am. Yep, I paid a little more than you but I got my ammo and can shoot tomorrow.

How much did it end up being with shipping? Thanks.

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    So I ordered 1k of 9mm ammo from them back on May 4. I have been checking my account and my order has not shipped out yet. Beck when I ordered the site stated a 6 week wait for the ammo. It's been over 2 months. Tried calling multiple times today. No answer and voicemail is full. Anyone order ammo from them recently?

Cancel the order. Rescind the charge authorization. 10 weeks is entirely too long for a 1,000 rd order.

johnhmpg

Mar 14, 2011
    I ordered 1k of 45acp on June 23. They showed it in stock. They charged my credit card. Showed "processed" on their website. Sent two emails and called and left message. No response. So Thursday I called my bank and had them dispute the charge. Money credited back into my account on Friday.

Today on Facebook this is what they posted:
    "Contrary to the rumors floating on the net, we are still in business and still shipping ammunition. We are also still supplying ranges as they provide the brass that gets reloaded. As you know, we are not selling reloads online right now, so we did have to cut costs which is why some admin personal where laid-off. This has been a trying time for us as we grew in a six month time period from a one-man shop to a 5000 sf reloading facility with 12 auto loaders and 5 scharch range masters. We do this because we want to supply shooters with high quality reloads at an affordable price. But in trying to do too much, too quick, we stumbled. With your patience, we will recover and continue to supply you with the ammo you need."

If they are not selling reloads then why are they taking money. Wouldn't accept free ammo from them at this point.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    How much did it end up being with shipping? Thanks.

AIM's shipping estimator says 500 124gr 9mm should be about $14.50. Each box cost $9.95.

With my order, the total package weight was 53.5lbs and included 1,000 rounds of 5.56x45, 500 9mm and 250 .38 Special. Shipping was a little higher than $14.50.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I ordered some back in April, and it arrived in 2 to 3 weeks, if memory serves. I have it now, and will shoot some up in a few days. FWIW, the rounds look (seriously) better than a lot of the new stuff I've seen. No kidding -- it's that shiny and new.

Your wait is taking a long time! I'm seeing $11/box new Aguila here at some of the local gunshops, so I doubt I'll order from JR again, as much as I shoot.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Some pics:

20120710_230443.jpg

20120710_230632.jpg

20120710_231031-1.jpg

bpfeif1

May 31, 2012
    Parkville
    Cancel the order. Rescind the charge authorization. 10 weeks is entirely too long for a 1,000 rd order.

This for sure. Its been way to long. Hopefully you can dispute the charge with however you paid. You have way more patience than I do....

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    How does the stuff shoot, is it shoot at your own risk or do they stand behind the stuff?

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    How does the stuff shoot, is it shoot at your own risk or do they stand behind the stuff?

It shot very clean, actually. I was impressed by it. I put almost 200 rounds through my LC9, and it wasn't very dirty. As for accuracy, as it was an LC9, and I suck, I cannot comment. Others have said their JR ammo is very accurate.

If you're looking for another ultra-cheap option in bulk, look into Reliant Ammo. I shot-up 200 rounds of .45 ACP. It was moderately dirty, but accurate. I benched a 15 yard group of 3 from my S&W 1911SC, and all three rounds were touching in a nice cloverleaf pattern at 15 yards. Not bad for cheap plinkin' ammo. The rounds were not as clean as Jack Ross, for sure, and the bullets had some small dings in them, but shot just fine. The trick with Reliant is to check shipping rates. They play the shipping rate adjustment game sometimes, and the deals don't turn out to be as good -- sometimes. Reliant stands behind its stuff, according to their ads. One dud equals a whole new box, I believe. I had no issues with their reloads. They make things in chunks, so they might be out of what you want, and you will have to contact them.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I had ordered mine (250 rounds) in early April, and had it in 2 weeks (JR Ammo). People who bought more, at that time, are apparently still waiting.

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    So it's been 4 months and my ammo still hasn't showed up. Nobody answers the phone or returns emails at Jack Ross. Can't even leave a voice mail message. Their Facebook page has been down for a couple of months. This seems a little fishy so I'm finally giving up. I filed a dispute with my CC company today. Just a heads up to everybody. Don't buy ammo from Jack Ross.

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    Have filed a complaint with the Nevada bbb. I am also looking to see if there are any legal.charges I can file with the Nevada authorities. I am looking into what legal options I have with them. I ordered in March, and cannot get in contact with them. As far as I am.concerned he took my money and failed to provide the product promised. To me that is theft or fraud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom