• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I called him, we talked, it's good, I stand corrected, he did put his money where his mouth is. He's not the political tool he appeared to be in printed media. Shame on me.

i want to thank you for that admission. your conversion happened much the same way jack's did. you had a pre concieved notion that you were able to overcome, by looking at the facts.

that's our goal. get our opposition to overcome their preconceived notions with facts.

RustinRifle55

Feb 24, 2013
    St. James MD
    Thank you Jack McCauley....your a good man for standing up for what is and was right. I admire you for being honest. We all make mistakes....I will not throw stones.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Admitting up front I've not had a chance to keep up on the whole thread...

While we need advocates from "on high" (and Jack has been a most welcomed addition to the fight), we must also remember that sheer numbers matter too.

In that, we must all remember that we are our own best advocates, as only we know our own personal concerns. Become well-versed on the issues, learn to read bill-ese, be firm yet polite, and do those things that make a difference... Show up, Stand up, Speak up.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I called him, we talked, it's good, I stand corrected, he did put his money where his mouth is. He's not the political tool he appeared to be in printed media. Shame on me.

Glad you took the time. Both of you are proof that with solid facts, you can change your mind

I have known the Captain for a few years. I served on the HB618 task force with him. I have witnessed his "conversion". Early in the life of the task force, we had a private conversation about permits. As the MSI representative I better, right? I told him I thought they were issued in an arbitrary manner. He tried to explain why he didn't think this was the case. It didn't change my mind. (I found it funny that he said the exact same thing in his testimony). It was clear at that time he was a man of integrity. He took people's concerns seriously, and took the time to look beyond what he had been told. None of us are right about everything. The ability to change a position on something, at least in my opinion, is a sign of intellectual honesty and integrity. I am by no means anything more than a casual acquaintance, but my private conversations with Jack have left me very impressed with his character and conviction. We are lucky to have him in our camp. Any doubters should take the time to talk to him.

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    I was quite pleased to see this go viral today. I'm glad that Jack is participating here and that he has changed his mind on this issue. As an attorney and an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment, it has always seemed to me that it is obvious that those legally carrying arms are not the ones the police need to be concerned with. I would say that I frequently forget that this is not as obvious to others. This is a good reminder that we must always be prepared with our facts as Jack was during his testimony. We can change hearts and minds on this issue one citizen at a time.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    So this is not as simple as a phone call from the Gov. ? it will take legislation? Sorry but I could not read entire thread.

Potentially, it could be that simple, but a change of Governor could change the viewpoint of the MSP. Our first goal is to change the law. We then work on changing COMAR, then work on the Governor.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I'm still trying to figure out how a permit could or could not be issued in the state of Maryland if there is no definition of Good and Substantial. If I'm not mistaken, didn't I hear or read that an officer "decided" on it himself/herself or during an argument in a break room? How could/can he/she decide? Either everyone who applied should've been granted a permit or all of them revoked. Of course this is Maryland and its rules, regulations, and laws are ridiculous. Don't even get me started again about how my training per COMAR standards for the DPSCS wouldn't satisfy the training requirements for an HQL but my WV hunter's safety card did.:mad54:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

i want to thank you for that admission. your conversion happened much the same way jack's did. you had a pre concieved notion that you were able to overcome, by looking at the facts.

that's our goal. get our opposition to overcome their preconceived notions with facts.

Thank you Jack McCauley....your a good man for standing up for what is and was right. I admire you for being honest. We all make mistakes....I will not throw stones.

Very good and honorable things in this thread :thumbsup:

Glad you took the time. Both of you are proof that with solid facts, you can change your mind

I have known the Captain for a few years. I served on the HB618 task force with him. I have witnessed his "conversion". Early in the life of the task force, we had a private conversation about permits. As the MSI representative I better, right? I told him I thought they were issued in an arbitrary manner. He tried to explain why he didn't think this was the case. It didn't change my mind. (I found it funny that he said the exact same thing in his testimony). It was clear at that time he was a man of integrity. He took people's concerns seriously, and took the time to look beyond what he had been told. None of us are right about everything. The ability to change a position on something, at least in my opinion, is a sign of intellectual honesty and integrity. I am by no means anything more than a casual acquaintance, but my private conversations with Jack have left me very impressed with his character and conviction. We are lucky to have him in our camp. Any doubters should take the time to talk to him.

Thanks for your work Bill

Excellent post's one and all.

For all of us that have sworn an oath, go back and actually read it, brother.

Constitution of these United States.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I hope the eeediots in Annapolis listened...and I mean really listened and absorbed what Mr.McCauley said and pointed out in his speech. If not,then I hope the day comes very soon where those politicians find themselves in a bad neighborhood with no police protection or means of protecting themselves just like the rest of us. Sometimes one has to actually experience something in person in order to change their perspective. I know wishful thinking.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    While I am appreciative for the work that Jack McCauly and the rest of you have put in, I am of the belief that this will not only not make it out of committee but will not even be brought up for a vote.

For those who will say I am a downer and suffer BGOS put it up, dinner at FOGO de Chao courtesy of the loser, that is you say it will come up for vote, I say it wont. I will pay up even if it comes up to vote regardless of it passing.

NOBODY

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom