• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    If Maryland passes any kind of ammo bill such as a tax, limit or tracking, I will simply drive to DE or PA and purchase it there.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    I've only been shooting 22lr, since that is the only reasonable round at this point in time. 9mm is impossible to find, and I just won't shoot my supply of it, not that I even have all that much. With .223 selling for more than gold, 22lr is the only thing I can afford to shoot. I think that applies to many people, I don't think they are hording, people just like to shoot, I can't frown on that..lol...

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    This craze is insane... I've been looking for 9mm, .40, .45, .223 and .50. I can't even find .50BMG. How many people are shooting that much of that caliber?!!?? It seems like the empty shelves are getting worse as time goes on.

EVOIXGSR

Straight Baller Status
    Mar 13, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    While some peple are panic buying rimfire ammo, I think the biggest reason it is unavailable is that people are panic buying everything else and hording it, so the only thing people are really shooting lately is rimfire. Just my take.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    I got lucky at Bass Pro on sat and picked up 500 rounds of Rem. Yellow Jacket for $9.49 per 100 and my buddy grabbed the last 9 boxes. I think they are putting it on the shelfs in small lots so it doesnt disappear as fast.

BDWMS

Feb 21, 2013
    Howard County
    I've been watching Gunbot and AmmoSeek like a hawk just looking for 22LR. On MANY occasions I've had things in my cart and have the server overload before I can purchase. It's frustrating. Especially since I'm the idiot that bought a new Marlin 60 22LR instead of finding a Savage 93 in 17HMR. There's 17HMR ammo in every dang Walmart...

Raven

Jan 15, 2013
    I am betting that vultures are buying it to resell it to desperate shooters.

I think you are right. Some of the vultures are not even shooters themselves...they just see an opportunity. Walmart has a three box limit per person per day, but the store cant do anything about it when a person gets their whole family plus all their buddies to come in and buy it up for them. I hope the bubble bursts, the price drops and the scalpers get stuck with a ton of ammo at inflated prices, but I guess that's not going to happen.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    I think most of us are in the same boat. I have a collection of about 1k 9mm, 1k 223, and around 2k 22lr. I'm trying to build up some more so that I can go shoot my AR and my pistol, but I don't want my stash to go below 1k. Gotta be prepared for the apocalypse! :)

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    I think most of us are in the same boat. I have a collection of about 1k 9mm, 1k 223, and around 2k 22lr. I'm trying to build up some more so that I can go shoot my AR and my pistol, but I don't want my stash to go below 1k. Gotta be prepared for the apocalypse! :)

Haha I wish I had 1k rounds I have about 180 9mm and 375 .22lr at least those are the only calibers I shoot at the moment. Hopefully sometime this year I will get a 1911 then I can start dropping money on .45

alzoom85

Feb 27, 2013
    I haven't seen 22lr since before Christmas. I'm just glad I got a Judge ;-) plenty of 45LC out there

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Found a box on my front step - 500 TulAmmo $161 delivered..7.62x39
    Not 22 cents like before, but not hateful.
    Good thing I bought bricks and bricks of .22 and Fed 100 packs and .45 100 packs and .223 like crazy years ago. Now I'm new to AKs and am up to 800 rounds of 7.62x39 at
    .30 or lower.
    By June my multiple backorders should be showing up - and then I will be content.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    When I see crates of ammo being sold manufactured in the 1980's , don't tell me this is not hoarding, and/or reselling. Really, what does it take to manufacture .223 ? They are smart , limit supply and charge 400-500% what it was a few months ago. If they start ramping up production then the bubble would burst. I was ordering the Bear .223 , but site crashed on me. I was wondering why they did not offer it at 2x what they asked, still would of sold out easily.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    There's only two things you can do to really beat ammo shortages:
    1. Know when the local stores get ammo deliveries and plan to be there when they do (or maybe an hour later). Dick's isn't cheap, but I've figured out when I can get 9mm there, which is better than I've done online.
    2. Have guns in 5.45x39 and 7.62x54r. I've heard "you missed the boat" with regards to 5.45x39 for about 3 years now, but I can feed my -74 for 20c a round shipped at will. Let me know how that works with .223 or 7.62x39...

wade234

Feb 12, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    I can't tell you how much money, time and frustration www.slickguns.com has saved me the past few months. Every few days can find 9mm, .223 and even ordered good .22 yesterday. I saved $140 on a new XD Saturday thanks to the site. Keep checking.

They have a lot of posts from Natchez Shooters Supplies and shipping kills the deals. If you buy from other sites and factor in no sales tax prices are not not bad with shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom