• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    The lack of ammo around here is starting to really bother me... I just drove walmart to walmart for 3 hours just trying to find some .22LR and I didn't find a single box! I can't wrap my head around why people are panic buying rimfire ammo. The people that regularly shoot and buy rimfire don't clean the shelves normally so who is it that is buying this stuff? I have a new 22/45 coming in soon and if I can't land a few hundred rounds by then at normal prices I'm gonna be an unhappy camper. Is anyone here having luck picking up rimfire and cares to share your strategy?

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Most of what I've been shooting lately I got from looking at gunbot. Although That was helpful at first, it's now hurting. Anything listed there sells within the hour or quicker it the stock was low. People are watching that site like hawks for deals and buying everything. I haven't seen anything below .70c for about 2 weeks now.

gutshootem

Feb 27, 2013
    Calvert
    All the guys who cant shoot their ARs are shooting their 22s. Just be patient, this balloon is going to bust sooner or later.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    People are shooting it while hoarding 223, 7.62x39, 45 etc.

1) check the classifieds.
    2) CALL walmart before driving there. They will almost always tell you when the truck is delivering even if they dont know what is on the truck. (I havent seen 22lr at WM since Nov.)
    3) most gun shops have 22lr in my experience. Most west of mt.airy seem to have cci or winchester in stock. Bulk packs, no. But boxes of 100 are readily available.

Aldwyn

Not All That Bad, Really.
    Dec 20, 2012
    Columbia, Md
    I havnt heard anything serious about an ammo ban, so not sure why there is a panic buy on ammo as well.

So my guess is, it'll come back to normal sooner rather than later. But in the mean time, if you want to shoot, think about getting that HELOC!

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    3r gunshop had 2 bricks of cci and 2 buckets of 22. Both were a fair price. Not sure how close to Hagerstown you are. He is only open wednesday and Saturday. He also had 308 in stock for under $1/rnd.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    3r gunshop had 2 bricks of cci and 2 buckets of 22. Both were a fair price. Not sure how close to Hagerstown you are. He is only open wednesday and Saturday. He also had 308 in stock for under $1/rnd.

Thanks for the heads up hagerstown is a trek from here I'm in Baltimore county near dundalk.

hhuff

Apr 28, 2012
    I've heard of multiple proposals that may be driving the panic buying of all ammo. One, proposed taxes on ammo, I believe Maryland has a bill circulating for a 50% tax. Another bill I have heard proposed is a limit on how much ammo you can buy in a day. Another bill I have heard proposed is a restriction on buying ammo online. Another bill I have heard proposed is tracking of all ammo purchased. So although none of these proposed bills may be passed there are reasons certain people are panic buying.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    I snagged 1100 rounds of cci .22 yesterday at walmart I picked it up for another member who I know has been looking for it. Just gotta keep hunting...it's kind of a fun game to me...i've bought a boatload of stuff lately at normal prices.

EvilOlive

Salty Marine
    Dec 13, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I was at Cabelas in PA today. Shelves were almost completely empty. Guy working there said the were full a few hours earlier. It was insane!

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    I was at Dick's in Hagerstown today and they had a bunch of ammo... I got 3 boxes of 12 guage. That's the limit. I think they had a bunch of .22

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom