It's beginning to look like X-mas, for AR's.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm self-medicating, EBRD is a mofo.

*For all the n00bs, EBRD is Evil Black Rifle Disease. There is no known cure, just treatment/management of the disease. Symptons include multiple completed AR's, and more in various stages of completion.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I'm self-medicating, EBRD is a mofo.

*For all the n00bs, EBRD is Evil Black Rifle Disease. There is no known cure, just treatment/management of the disease. Symptons include multiple completed AR's, and more in various stages of completion.

Is ebrd a further form of brd?
    Ive also got the signess, do you treat that?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It's a more pronounced form - symptons include 'shoulder-thingy's that go up', 'heat-seeking boolits' and other accessories that make politicians cry and/or wet themselves.

Only Sig-ness I treat is .357 SIG currently..., I may take my practice into Sig territory at a later date. :)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It is DONE! :party29:

Came home and shortly after getting in, was greeted by the UPS man who handed me some boxes of parts, which promptly got assembled into this -

View attachment 70992

It's nothing too fancy since this is their 1st AR (which they have no clue I was building for them... :D).

PSA color-filled lower, nothing exotic, just something simple.
    Spike's LPK
    Magpul MOE stock w/ standard carbine buffer
    PSA Blem Upper - no T-marking fill, aside from that, perfect.
    Standard Charging Handle and A2 flashhider
    Daniel Defense Hard Chrome BCG and Bolt
    Stag 16" barrel w/f-marked FSB, 1:9 twist - don't expect them to run heavy/long rounds
    Standard handguards, but they do have double heat shields

Impending test-fire/function check.

Last edited:

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    It is DONE! :party29:

Came home and shortly after getting in, was greeted by the UPS man who handed me some boxes of parts, which promptly got assembled into this -

View attachment 70992

It's nothing too fancy since this is their 1st AR (which they have no clue I was building for them... :D).

PSA color-filled lower, nothing exotic, just something simple.
    Spike's LPK
    Magpul MOE stock w/ standard carbine buffer
    PSA Blem Upper - no T-marking fill, aside from that, perfect.
    Standard Charging Handle and A2 flashhider
    Daniel Defense Hard Chrome BCG and Bolt
    Stag 16" barrel w/f-marked FSB, 1:9 twist - don't expect them to run heavy/long rounds

Impending test-fire/function test.
    Standard handguards, but they do have double heat shields

Awesome man. I'm sure they will be very happy.
    I'm still waiting for the Black Friday upper I ordered from PSA. My order still says processing. As long as I get it in time for Christmas, I'll be happy.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You ought to get it just before, my lower's from the Black Friday sale came in on the 17th or 18th the last time I did a purchase, so you ought to be in good shape.

I've already said it before - If they're not happy with it, it can always come home with me. ;)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Initial testfire completed, fully functional with no issues so far.

Still plan on putting at least 60 rounds thru it ASAP to verify the initial results, then it can be cleaned and boxed up till christmas.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Initial testfire completed, fully functional with no issues so far.

Still plan on putting at least 60 rounds thru it ASAP to verify the initial results, then it can be cleaned and boxed up till christmas.

So you can start in my ar10 gift, sweet maybe christmas instead of birthday. Im fine with that

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Polecat - that could be agreeable, since you spend most of your time napping anyways... ;) :lol2:

I've sent some more rounds thru this one, and it's performing as expected. It is a "clicker", which doesn't thrill me, but it's fed HP's and soft-points w/out issue so far, so I guess I can live with that. (Although it's going to gnaw at the back of my mind.)

Haven't tried for any type of accuracy since it's a virgin barrel and so far the testing has been for reliable function, but I don't see why this build shouldn't deliver more than acceptable results for my bro/sis.

I'm already planning out the next 2 builds, my F.I.L. - since he couldn't bring his M16 over from the islands, and one for a T.B.D. individual.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    looks great! i have done ar's for christmas before too for my bro in law and now i'm going overboard on a lightweight build for my wife:evilgrin3

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    looks great! i have done ar's for christmas before too for my bro in law and now i'm going overboard on a lightweight build for my wife:evilgrin3

I'd ask for details..., but if you want to keep those on the DL, I fully understand. :thumbsup:

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    I'd ask for details..., but if you want to keep those on the DL, I fully understand. :thumbsup:

DDM4V7LW upper
    seekins billet lower
    seekins billet mag release
    troy ambi mag catch
    noveske ambi selector
    pws billet buffer tube
    jp buffer spring
    st-t2 buffer
    kies billet takedown pins
    rra detent pins & springs
    geissele ssa-e or sg3 trigger
    bcm gunfighter chrg handle
    spikes ergo grip
    magpul rvg
    magpul acs-l stock
    magpul buis

she gets to assemble:)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    DDM4V7LW upper
    seekins billet lower
    seekins billet mag release
    troy ambi mag catch
    noveske ambi selector
    pws billet buffer tube
    jp buffer spring
    st-t2 buffer
    kies billet takedown pins
    rra detent pins & springs
    geissele ssa-e or sg3 trigger
    bcm gunfighter chrg handle
    spikes ergo grip
    magpul rvg
    magpul acs-l stock
    magpul buis

she gets to assemble:)

Sounds like solid choices in components. :thumbsup:

I'm in love with my SSA-E, that's been the best $$ I've spent yet on any AR. The only FTF's I've ever had was from dud primers, other than that, it's been 100% reliable with every round I've tried.

Good for her, assembling a stack of parts into a functional rifle (at least for me anyways) has been one of the more satisfying things.

(I'm kind of disappointed I waited so long to do one completely on my own.)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    My brother/sister-in-law got to open their "mystery box" last night, to say it went over VERY well would be an understatement at the least.

My brother has already asked about rail options. And my sister was very reluctant in handing the rifle over to my brother. I'd say I knocked it out of the park with this one.

Now comes the hard part, getting them to the range, since schedule conflicts are rampant.

Merry Christmas all!

River Hill

Dec 15, 2012
    Maryland
    My brother/sister-in-law got to open their "mystery box" last night, to say it went over VERY well would be an understatement at the least.

My brother has already asked about rail options. And my sister was very reluctant in handing the rifle over to my brother. I'd say I knocked it out of the park with this one.

Now comes the hard part, getting them to the range, since schedule conflicts are rampant.

Merry Christmas all!

Sounds like they had a great Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom