It's beginning to look like X-mas, for AR's.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    RW2111 - Nice! Definitely appreciate involving the youngin's, if I could involve my nephew in this build-up I would in a heartbeat - but I can't count on him keeping it a secret just yet.

Plans may change shortly, another member has offered a trade for the A2 stock, so this build may switch from an A2/20" to a collapsible stock and TBD barrel length - we shall see.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Looks like I'll have to get some future builds started in a real hurry now.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Looks like I'll have to get some future builds started in a real hurry now.

Aint that the truth! Glad i started a recent build. I spent the monday we were stuck in bc of sandy pestering my buddy to sell his upper hes had for almost a year. Tuesday morning he gave me a price i couldnt refuse and i flew to his house and took ownership of a brand new BCM 16" lightweight middy with bcg and ch. I wont even tell the price it was sooo good. Any day now ill be picking up the lower. Already got the spikes lpk, bcm stock components, h2 buffer. Wearing a2 handguards, and an old utg sight for now.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Just pulled the trigger on a PSA complete upper (no BCG, no Charging handle) for $249 for my little brother. I'm spending a lot more than I wanted on him but What the hell...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just pulled the trigger on a PSA complete upper (no BCG, no Charging handle) for $249 for my little brother. I'm spending a lot more than I wanted on him but What the hell...

It's christmas (well, soon to be...), might as well!! The little bit extra spent is nothing when compared to the look on his face and the enjoyment he'll get from having it up and running. ;)

I had planned on dropping in a hard chrome'd DD complete BCG for their build, but a thieving individual decided to free me from the burden of that and my reloading supplies (:mad54::mad54:), so I'm a touch behind on completion at the moment.

Still got to pick up a barrel, gas system, handguard/or rail and some odds/ends - but that should be taken care of in short order.

Since time is running out, I may see if I can shoulder-tap someone to help me get this together properly and somewhat quickly - I'd love to knock it out on my own, but I want to make sure it's operational and reliable, so I may have to have some outside assistance on the home stretch (hint hint :o).

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    It's christmas (well, soon to be...), might as well!! The little bit extra spent is nothing when compared to the look on his face and the enjoyment he'll get from having it up and running. ;)

I had planned on dropping in a hard chrome'd DD complete BCG for their build, but a thieving individual decided to free me from the burden of that and my reloading supplies (:mad54::mad54:), so I'm a touch behind on completion at the moment.

Still got to pick up a barrel, gas system, handguard/or rail and some odds/ends - but that should be taken care of in short order.

Since time is running out, I may see if I can shoulder-tap someone to help me get this together properly and somewhat quickly - I'd love to knock it out on my own, but I want to make sure it's operational and reliable, so I may have to have some outside assistance on the home stretch (hint hint :o).

Let me know if you need help. I'm in northern VA but I'm always up for something like this. :thumbsup:

mtwitt

Nov 15, 2012
    My first AR is my Christmas list this year. I have already got the lower done (from my wife and son) now all I have to do is wait and see if the rest of the family follows up. I'm asking for money for the most part to complete the build and so they don't get conflicting parts. Plus my side of the family knows next to nothing about firearms and probably would just ignore it anyway. So I'm hoping soon after the holidays I will be able to get it done.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Let me know if you need help. I'm in northern VA but I'm always up for something like this. :thumbsup:

Appreciate the offer for sure, I'd meant to pick up some reciever blocks and the armorer's wrench - but this new job has left me with very limited time off, so I haven't had a chance to pick them up as of yet.

I'll keep in touch, NoVa isn't an issue for me since I typically run down to Dale City every few weekends. :)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Update -

Finally got the DD hard-chrome BCG in tonight, along with my other supplies I originally should've gotten a little bit ago. But moving on, got the barrel assembly on order, projected ETA of 1 to 2 weeks (going to be cutting it close). I'd thought about doing a rail for them, but K.I.S.S. kept going thru my head.

As you can see, it's now a collapsible stock - a thanks to Mario at Keepshooting for the swap (:thumbsup:).

Going with standard Gov't profile 16" carbine-length, optics - nothing special, just a Bushnell TRS-25 on a .8" riser.

Still got some parts to get on, but where it's at currently (crappy pic, my apologies) -

View attachment 70603

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    cool.. sbr!! how short is that barrel..lmao.. ;)

looking good so far!

I could make a joke about 'short-barrels' and Filipino in-laws..., but I'll take the high road tonight. :D

I said 'F It', color-filled the lower for them, thought about having it engraved, but time is running short. I got to get it together and range-tested before I can hand it over, I refuse to hand something over untested.

Atec - Santa Brad can only build so many of these at a time sadly, but if your a good boy, there might be something for you later on. ;)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Why dont you get some elves for higher rifle output?

Id like a .308 ar for my gift

I tried for gnomes, but Norton's gnome army said that was a no-go, they were happy where they were at. :lol2:

That could work, haven't done a AR-10 type yet, emphasis on yet. :D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The keywords are good boy , I shot that to hell already !:D

You ain't the only one... :innocent0

Barrel assembly is scheduled to be dropped off on the 5th, which is great, since an insider dropped off some reciever blocks and a USMC armorer's wrench before the weekend. Already put them to use finishing off the lower, was missing a castle nut and end-plate for the extension - that has been rectified, and staked as well.

Now it's just a matter of getting it thrown together and getting it tested before I hand it off at christmas. Haven't decided how I'm going to do the handoff, but I'm sure an idea will come to me.

*If Clandestine happens across this thread - I won't be able to open up and polish the ramps like you showed me on the Blackout (lack of proper equipment), but the other little tricks will be used where possible - so this should be interesting. Thanks again for the walk-thru and tips. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom