Isn't anyone concerned about Federal Gun Laws being discussed as we speak?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    You know, the Federal laws may turn out to be far stricter than what has occurred in MD and elsewhere, so wakeup out there.

We hear you.

After all the efforts here in MD and the end result, I think people are a little rung out.

Right or wrong.

:eek:

"A three week emergency ceases to be so..." -- Kenn White

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Today on Hannity Rand Paul admitted thar the feds (ATF) have been keeping records of NICS checks in non centralized locations as a way of getting around the law.

I didn't catch his, what does this mean, if they are hold data in a different location?

Is it illegal? Over stepping?

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    Nope - nothing significant is going to happen.

When is the last time congress has agreed on anything - much less gun control.

The only thing one has to fear is fear itself.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    the federal legislation is just air cover for the states. more stringent straw purchase requirements plus a very watered down background check bill might pass the Senate, but then we have the house (where all bets are off). The only real interesting thing at the national level will be SCOTUS and other circuit rulings.

Broder

Jan 13, 2013
    THIS its VERY DANGEROUS at the state level

Redstate.com is reporting that the Republicans are on the verge of bailing on the filibuster plan.

Sources inside the Senate tell me that the Republican Conference is scared to death of the tactics of Senators Lee, Cruz and Paul – that it is supposedly putting them in a tough spot.

Several of the Republicans are using the Manchin-Toomey compromise plan as an excuse to cave on the gun filibuster. They claim that Senators Lee, Cruz, and Paul are running ahead of the conference in their insistence on a filibuster.

What they fail to see is that the cloture vote is the vote to stop the gun legislation from passage.

Several Republican Senators intend to vote against the filibuster, but then vote against the overall bill. This is too clever by half. The GOP does not control the Senate as the GOP is want to say every time they don’t want to fight.

Their only power to block a gun control bill is to unite and filibuster.

Voting for cloture is voting for the gun control bill because, again, as the GOP reminds us, they are not in the majority. The only way to stop it is to filibuster.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/04/09/breaking-sources-confirm-senate-republicans-set-to-cave-on-guns/

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    never going to pass. They might get background check in thats about it. Even thats on shaky ground

You act as if that's no big deal. If they get that, they have us screwed at a level you will never understand until it's far too late.

Nope - nothing significant is going to happen.

When is the last time congress has agreed on anything - much less gun control.

The only thing one has to fear is fear itself.

How many people initially felt that way about the Maryland law?

I don't know if you pay attention to the lame street media, but they are pulling out ALL the stops, even parading children on TV to educate us with the latest democrat talking points. It's low, It's sinister, It's just downright shameful the tactics being used.

You should be worried, because if they get UBC, they get confiscation on a scale you have NEVER seen before! I predict there are enough freedom haters in Congress and the Senate to potentially lose EVERYTHING our forefathers fought for in the name of "public" safety and "homeland" security.

Be worried and better yet, be prepared.

eltech70

Nov 16, 2011
    Matt is right on target. Chuckie Schumer is dancing in anticipation that enough RINOs block a fillibuster. Then 51 votes send it to the House......and the Media kicks it up several notches and pulls out all the stops in an attempt to get this abomination passed. Universal Background checks my a$$. Major smoke and mirrors going on right before our eyes.
    :thumbsup: THIS :thumbsup:

The OP's comment does strike a cord with me... the national level 2A debate deserves more of my attention. Been pretty busy for the past few months with MD issues. :mad54:
    I Gotta catchup on national level.........
    - UBC proposals enabling a national gun registry (expediting future confiscation)?
    - Risk of 2A rights loss to UN treaties?
    - ?

I simply don't trust risking the loss of my RIGHTS to politician's votes.... too many are on the 'take', and too many others apparently don't understand (or don't care to understand) our State or US Constitutions. (Think - SB281!) :sad20:

Beware of the 'man behind the curtain'! The media takes every opportunity to smear all pro-gun positions... and sheeple blindly follow the media lead. The media is well funded... perhaps largely by that 'mayor behind the curtain' from NYC? :rolleyes:

Ok.... Ok.... so, I guess I've become paranoid. Oh... but wait..... what about all that ammo our govt is buying up..... humm. And then.... there were those statements made by various libs admitting that they want to "take them ALL away".

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    - George Washington

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    And what does the Fed Govt. have in mind for all the Armored Personnel Carriers they are buying? Anticipating civil unrest over this?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Does anyone have a link/copy of the actual bill they are proposing?

*** Now that MD has a precedent for fingerprinting, background investigation, training and proficiency test for exercising ONE right, can we impose it on ALL rights?? ***

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009

*** Now that MD has a precedent for fingerprinting, background investigation, training and proficiency test for exercising ONE right, can we impose it on ALL rights?? ***

Exactly. Next time you get pulled over you will be given a 100 page civics test (in latin) to determine if you qualify for 4th A protections. Miss one question and get a strip search, miss two and get a cavity search. Decorum forbids detailing what happens if you miss 3!

Did I mention you answers need to be in ancient Greek?

Ok... I might be kidding for now.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD

No, its just an agreement on UBC's for EVERYTHING except family and loaning 'hunting rifles'

The scary thing is the AWB and mag capacity laws are going to be voted on as amendments. This needs to stop, we need all the people who fought against SB281 to get on the emails/phone calls

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    No, its just an agreement on UBC's for EVERYTHING except family and loaning 'hunting rifles'

The scary thing is the AWB and mag capacity laws are going to be voted on as amendments. This needs to stop, we need all the people who fought against SB281 to get on the emails/phone calls

Hell, I am ready to make the trip down there. Where is the piece of legislation? We have the right to see it now.

*** We are now entering a phase where we must sleep with one eye open at all times ***

Spatha

Sep 17, 2011
    AA County
    Emails sent. Letters sent. All brushed off with -"I support yaada yaada common sense yaada yaada. But hey you know what? I ain't done yet. I will continue to contact my reps. To misquote GDub - I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom