• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Pretty cool, I went for an NHM 91 myself a couple days ago, probably my last AK purchase period. Will be looking for some waffles at Chantilly, have plenty (and I mean plenty) of steel mags

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    Simplegreen: What brand are those poly's? I'm trying to keep track on which mags work well w/ the IO Ak's

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    I hope they work well. I've heard bad things about promag on the other ak forums. IOI recommended Thermold, Tapco and commie steel mags.

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    I hope they work well. I've heard bad things about promag on the other ak forums.

Not sure where you've heard bad things about them. I did about a weeks worth of research looking around for hand guards and mags. All the things i've read about promags in AK's have been on the positive side. I have a pmag for my AR and i love it.

I'm a recreational shooter, i dont demand combat quality. Took them out the other day, blowed through 120 rounds in a few mins.. no problems

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Com-blok steel is the way to go.

They can be had for under 15 each, even today. I'm interested in how the IO shoots, supposedly they have an american made barrel. Is the elk river receiver 1mm or 1.6?

LastDon

Feb 7, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Not really a catch, that's the last-gen model. The old ones use AA's, newer ones use the 2325 battery, which is apparently more efficient. But for almost $100 less it might be worth it...

Thanks for the heads up. I definitely think it's worth the $100 to go with the AA. It'll also be easier to find replacement batteries.

I'm definitely going to order one.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    who has the tapco mags in stock (out of maryland, of course) i have a buddy in delaware i'm gonna get some stuff sent to his place. i'm going for the tapco adj stock also and the saw grip:cool:

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    Copes Distributing has the Tapco Mags in stock.

I've got a stupid question...lol. If I load up the mags and leave it in there for about a week, will it have long term effects on the mag spring?

ShiNNinG

Jul 14, 2008
    White Marsh
    Took my new IOI(Thanks Dan!) out this past Saturday to Freedom. I had ordered a pair of those 20rd Hungarian "Tanker" mags from CTD before they jacked the price. And I grabbed a pair of 30rd Bulgarians while at Freedom. Then I proceeded to put 200rds of Wolf Military downrange nonstop. Other than the forend grip getting hot as hell, I had ZERO issues. This gun is a solid performer and a blast to shoot.

The furniture is pretty crappy, I think it is all Tapco. I am planning on replacing it with a Tapco folding stock, SAW grip, and intrafuse handguard all in FDE. But i'll wait and put the money into ammo first.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    Took my new IOI(Thanks Dan!) out this past Saturday to Freedom. I had ordered a pair of those 20rd Hungarian "Tanker" mags from CTD before they jacked the price. And I grabbed a pair of 30rd Bulgarians while at Freedom. Then I proceeded to put 200rds of Wolf Military downrange nonstop. Other than the forend grip getting hot as hell, I had ZERO issues. This gun is a solid performer and a blast to shoot.

The furniture is pretty crappy, I think it is all Tapco. I am planning on replacing it with a Tapco folding stock, SAW grip, and intrafuse handguard all in FDE. But i'll wait and put the money into ammo first.

thanks!! i'm waiting for my ammo to show up and then i'm off to either elk neck or freedom. i may just have to shoot to freedom and blast a few but i'd like to relax and spend some time without a timer ticking in my head. how did the bulgarian mags work? how much?
    i know simplegreen plans on changing the grip as well, unless he's already done it:cool: i plan on the tapco adj stock (i do like the folder) and the saw grip. somehow my front sight got a lil bent:confused:

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    The akfiles.com guys don't like the Tapco folding stock. I've read complaints about it not being sturdy enough. At the rate ammo is going up, I'm gonna have to save money for ammo just to shoot this thing..lol. I noticed the right piece of my front sight was also slightly bent inward a tad. I don't think its enough to matter, but I"ll see after I take it to the range.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    The akfiles.com guys don't like the Tapco folding stock. I've read complaints about it not being sturdy enough. At the rate ammo is going up, I'm gonna have to save money for ammo just to shoot this thing..lol. I noticed the right piece of my front sight was also slightly bent inward a tad. I don't think its enough to matter, but I"ll see after I take it to the range.

right piece slightly bent inward on mine too, i don't think it really matters just a lil distracting.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Looks like I know what Im getting from dan after I pay off my Smith & Wesson 5.45x39 AR :party29:

Hopefully he will still be able to get them, they are right in my price range.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom