• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I am seeing ambi controls. Interesting having a push button mag release that works from both sides. Also liking the ambi slide releases.

For someone like me who shoots both hands, I am digging ambi controls. Not everyone's cup of tea though.

The push button mag release that works from both sides is what I like about Springfield XDs (along with the grip angle).

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    First look from MAC

Edit: After watching that video, I'm not interested at all in that thing.
    The "beavertail" portion of the frame flares out with a hard angle, and seemed to be causing issues for those shooting it.
    Their model also chambered itself regularly after inserting mags.

The takedown system is verrrry neat though. Just rotate the takedown lever 90 degrees and the slide can be moved forward freely.
    No need to pull the trigger like Glocks and M&P pistols.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    First look from MAC

The "beavertail" portion of the frame flares out with a hard angle, and seemed to be causing issues for those shooting it.

The takedown system is verrrry neat though. Just rotate the takedown lever 90 degrees and the slide can be moved forward freely.

my xdm and vp9 don't require pulling the trigger to take down either. I'll stick with them. :D

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    M&P doesn't require the trigger to be pulled to remove the slide.

So the CEO says the pistol meets the military accuracy requirement. And no one is doing group testing. I guess a half size humanoid target at 10 yards is an accuracy standard.

Last edited:

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    First look from MAC

Ditto...

Amazed Ruger let this one out of the pen with these issues.

Struggling to see why they created a gun priced pretty much like a Glock, but flubbed it up this much.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It's cheaper than the gen4 glocks. These seem to be going for less than $500 at the moment.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Why is everyone chasing the carrot? How about coming out with something no one else has? What try to get into the Glock, M&P, XD game instead of something new and original?

Ruger coming out with a hammer fired pistol similar to their old P series firearms would be cool. Update them and make them fun to shoot and easy to carry.

Yeah sort of looks like a cross between an H&K and a sigma. Not hating on it to bad I'll give it a shot but just from a pic and brief review won't be dropping my glocks just yet.

It's cheaper than the gen4 glocks. These seem to be going for less than $500 at the moment.

At that price point I'd 100% continue to keep a Glock. Ruger is know and should continue to be known for low price effective pistols (in their SD lines).

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Ive gotta say, that is one ugly pistol. But should we really care about looks, or not?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This guy liked the Ruger and shot pretty decently for his first experience it:

His only complaint was the long reset.

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    Feels great in the hands. Quality made pistol and available in 9mm and 45. Will be adding one to my collection.

Hopefully it gets added to the roster soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom