• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Looks nice. Trigger pull out of the box is going to be the make-or-break, I suspect. Well, and price.

It should be on the roster by the middle of the year, possibly March depending on when they submit it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I don't think it's a bad looking gun. It would have to be pretty special though for me to get that instead of a Glock.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Price will be key. If its very value oriented it could be a great entry gun like the Ruger American rifles. Not gonna trade my Glocks in, but would consider picking one up for students to rent. (again price considering)

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I guess I don't see the point of this gun. Other than looks, how is this different from their SR9 and 9E lines?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I guess I don't see the point of this gun. Other than looks, how is this different from their SR9 and 9E lines?

I am seeing ambi controls. Interesting having a push button mag release that works from both sides. Also liking the ambi slide releases.

For someone like me who shoots both hands, I am digging ambi controls. Not everyone's cup of tea though.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I am seeing ambi controls. Interesting having a push button mag release that works from both sides. Also liking the ambi slide releases.

For someone like me who shoots both hands, I am digging ambi controls. Not everyone's cup of tea though.

I do like this.

Having taught lefties how to shoot with my Glocks, I think it's a pretty neat feature.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

Didn't think of the southpaws. I guess it makes sense in that case.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Ambi controls or not, give it a year before taking the plunge. Brand-new pistols tend to have teething pains and recalls.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    looks like ruger wants in on the FBI pistol contract.

i like the way it looks. i think there is plenty of room to compete with glock, and the mp9 the fns, the vp9, et al.

follow the money. a $450 gun is going to sell a lot more units than a $600 or $800 gun all things considered. granted we don't know pricing. but if this were to be priced in line with the XD line of pistols, i think it will sell well. in general people like ruger brand. if it was 100 bucks less than a glock 17/19 i think people would consider it. i will be curious of the pricing difference for the 9 and 45

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Dat 3/4 angle.

indexFeatureShots.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members