• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    independence ammo is good stuff, but there's a problem here that needs to be addressed:

If it's lake city brass, only use it in 5.56 chambered weapons even if it says .223 on the box, if it's that other brass they use then you can use it in .223 or 5.56 chambered guns.

I found this out when I was firing some of these out of my Savage Edge rifle chambered in .223, which until that point had been the rifle's favorite ammo, grouping about .7 inches at 100 yards.

All of a sudden I was grouping in like the 4 inch area, and I'm like, WTF?

Reviewed my brass and found that my newly purchased lot was in lake city brass and all my old ones (which I luckily still had on hand for reloading) were marked REM .223 '04'

Just to see if I got a bad batch I shot the remainder of the bulk pack out of my bushmaster HBAR chambered in 5.56.

There was no problem whatsoever, and while not grouping as well as m855 out of that rifle (which is it's preferred diet) it did still group pretty well at a little under 1.5 inch groups with bipod, no sandbags.

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    Just got mine today. 10 packs only, but after living through the "great panic of 2012", I'm not gonna get caught flat footed again...

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    The spikes tactical that i'm STILL waiting for (Did my paperwork on the 3rd) is a 5.56/.223 chambered gun. I haven't gotten to put any rounds of any kind through it yet so I am anxiusly looking forward to getting that call so I can take it to the range!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom