• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Yeah this past weekend was a toss up chantilly or Oaks and I chose Oaks have not been to chantilly before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Based on the date code methodology and googling some pics of the SOG batch, it looks like most of these guns were made in the late 1980s and even into the early 1990s. Def gonna be awhile.

I really want one of these Bulgy Maks but I really think they are priced a little too high. After shipping and transfer you are looking at +$350 and I feel like at that price I'd rather spend $100 more and just get a Glock 43.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Based on the date code methodology and googling some pics of the SOG batch, it looks like most of these guns were made in the late 1980s and even into the early 1990s. Def gonna be awhile.

I really want one of these Bulgy Maks but I really think they are priced a little too high. After shipping and transfer you are looking at +$350 and I feel like at that price I'd rather spend $100 more and just get a Glock 43.

I would love one but I refuse to get an HQL. Buy these now. You'll be smacking yourself in 10 years when they're C&R and $400 more.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I would agree. I've got an unspecified number of Bulgarian Makarovs. Great shooters, and one of the best looking Eastern European all steel handguns, virtually iconic as the profile is easy to recognize. Very easy to shoot accurately. On the other hand, I didn't hold on to my nearly pristine CZ-82 or my very clean P64 - eventually sold both. The Makarov hit the sweet spot for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I would love one but I refuse to get an HQL. Buy these now. You'll be smacking yourself in 10 years when they're C&R and $400 more.

The price prolly will pop when they hit C&R status. In fact guns that are on the bubble of becoming C&R are probably the biggest "investment" opportunity out there right now.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I would agree. I've got an unspecified number of Bulgarian Makarovs. Great shooters, and one of the best looking Eastern European all steel handguns, virtually iconic as the profile is easy to recognize. Very easy to shoot accurately. On the other hand, I didn't hold on to my nearly pristine CZ-82 or my very clean P64 - eventually sold both. The Makarov hit the sweet spot for me.

I'm interested in finding a Mak that's C&R. Followed some Russians on GB after hearing that they're C&R, but then realized that some are recent and/or new production. The Russians haven't all been classified C&R like P-64's, have they? How does one tell the C&R Russians from non-C&R, if they are?

Jul 1, 2012
    Russian and East German Makarovs are all C&R regardless of date.
    "Makarov, pistol, Russian and East German, caliber 9mm Makarov"
    That doesn't include the IJ-70 commercial, which was a derivative (although some would argue that).
    (the original intent was military surplus).

neat site:
    http://www.makarov.com/makfaq.html

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    That doesn't include the IJ-70 commercial, which was a derivative (although some would argue that).

neat site:

There's no argument to be made. The BATFE has issued a letter that specifically addresses the IJ-70.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

neat site:

so, how old is the info on that site. It says Bulgarian maks are $125-$200

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

Well I paid $99 for my Bulgarian Unissued Mak in 1996 if that helps with the chronology.

Shame we (and the ATF) cant agree all Maks are C&R........Bulgies are my favorite. Doesn't make any sense, all P64's are C&R but they overlap the Bulgarian Makarov in production dates.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    $250-300 is pretty common these days for the Bulgarians depending on condition. The East German ones are more sought after and sell in the $400-700 range depending on condition.

Mags run approx $20/each.

9x18 Mak (steel cased) ammo is a little more expensive than brass 9mm Luger, and it is typically less expense than brass 380 ACP.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    $250-300 is pretty common these days for the Bulgarians depending on condition. The East German ones are more sought after and sell in the $400-700 range depending on condition.

Mags run approx $20/each.

9x18 Mak (steel cased) ammo is a little more expensive than brass 9mm Luger, and it is typically less expense than brass 380 ACP.

I'll add that Fiocchi also makes a nice inexpensive brass cased boxer primed 9x18 round. Usually runs around 16-18 bucks per 50 depending where you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom