• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I'll add that Fiocchi also makes a nice inexpensive brass cased boxer primed 9x18 round. Usually runs around 16-18 bucks per 50 depending where you go.

I have had good luck with Fiochi ammo. My P64 has eaten several hundred rounds without a single issue. I use other calibers of Fiochi quite a bit. It is cheap, reliable ammo. It can be incredibly cheap when on sale with free shipping. :thumbsup:

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Nope, because they are out of stock already. Apparently some people like that kind of action. :innocent0

(Can't see what the price was.)

I think it said $599 or something like that in the email. Ridiculous, but not as bad as the $1000+ Swede Mausers they had though. I'll never order from them, they make me cringe.

I think I remember seeing pallet loads of "replacement" VZ-52 stocks in the pictures from the Samco auction. That's always made me leery that the rifles classic is selling are parts guns with replacement stocks.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Very nice! But it's almost certain been test fired at the Radom factory.

I do not see how they could have fired it. There is not the tiniest scratch on the feed ramp finish, which is black. The barrel had some dirt inside but I found no residue except for grease.

I am not sure they test fired every gun they made in Poland. Probably like most factories, they pulled samples from the production line for testing.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Radom is a highly reputable manufacturing facility. I don't know why you would think they would ship any gun that wasn't proofed.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Radom is a highly reputable manufacturing facility. I don't know why you would think they would ship any gun that wasn't proofed.

Lucznik is a highly reputable manufacturing facility in Radom!

Their production lines were not making weapons for the US market requiring spent casings for some jurisdictions and ballistics reports for each weapon sold. Typical production methods of the time were to pull products from the line at random and conduct quality control testing on the sampling.

I don't know exactly what their standards were, but I am sure that no round has ever been in this gun's chamber!

Not the smallest mark anywhere inside the gun except from me operating the slide.

As for their quality, I have read of a couple of guys that have had their guns break or malfunction on the first outing. These are rare, but have happened. Perhaps the gun was poorly maintained before they bought it. Perhaps it was new and had not been tested! Again, not enough detail was given to know for sure.

Remember too, in most Eastern Block countries, the workers did only what was necessary and really did not care about quality when these guns were produced.

Now that I have spent some time bashing the commie factory workers, let me say that the comrades seem to have done a nice job on mine!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Lucznik is a highly reputable manufacturing facility in Radom!

Their production lines were not making weapons for the US market requiring spent casings for some jurisdictions and ballistics reports for each weapon sold. Typical production methods of the time were to pull products from the line at random and conduct quality control testing on the sampling.

I don't know exactly what their standards were, but I am sure that no round has ever been in this gun's chamber!

Not the smallest mark anywhere inside the gun except from me operating the slide.

As for their quality, I have read of a couple of guys that have had their guns break or malfunction on the first outing. These are rare, but have happened. Perhaps the gun was poorly maintained before they bought it. Perhaps it was new and had not been tested! Again, not enough detail was given to know for sure.

Remember too, in most Eastern Block countries, the workers did only what was necessary and really did not care about quality when these guns were produced.

Now that I have spent some time bashing the commie factory workers, let me say that the comrades seem to have done a nice job on mine!

Range report expected!! :thumbsup:

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I think it said $599 or something like that in the email. Ridiculous, but not as bad as the $1000+ Swede Mausers they had though. I'll never order from them, they make me cringe.

I think I remember seeing pallet loads of "replacement" VZ-52 stocks in the pictures from the Samco auction. That's always made me leery that the rifles classic is selling are parts guns with replacement stocks.
    Are there any organized resources available for figuring out a fair price? For instance, I purchased a 1915 Schmidt Rubin model 1911 for $300 recently. It looks to be all matching serials minus the bayonet, which is not matching. It has a good bore, and the stock seems sound. I think I got a good deal on it, but honestly have no idea for sure. As long as it's a good shooter, I'll probably be happy.

I want a swedish Mauser of some kind soon, but have no idea how to verify that I am being fleeced. GunBroker does not seem like a good reference, and many say Classic Firearms is now a ripoff. I think I have located an M38, but don't know if it is well priced. I understand that many factors can affect value, but I've never seen a good up to date guide of any sort whatsoever.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Are there any organized resources available for figuring out a fair price? For instance, I purchased a 1915 Schmidt Rubin model 1911 for $300 recently. It looks to be all matching serials minus the bayonet, which is not matching. It has a good bore, and the stock seems sound. I think I got a good deal on it, but honestly have no idea for sure. As long as it's a good shooter, I'll probably be happy.

I want a swedish Mauser of some kind soon, but have no idea how to verify that I am being fleeced. GunBroker does not seem like a good reference, and many say Classic Firearms is now a ripoff. I think I have located an M38, but don't know if it is well priced. I understand that many factors can affect value, but I've never seen a good up to date guide of any sort whatsoever.

I have found that this guide is quite good. I own this one and the edition before this one and have found that the values listed are pretty close to current reasonable prices. That excludes anything from Classic Firearms right off the bat....

https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Cat...1-fkmr3&keywords=military+surplus+price+guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom