• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smoothebore

I finally caught the Fedex guy. The SKS looks good, no cracks, one broken chunk at left receiver, tons of cosmoline.

Attachments

• SKS 004.jpg
      SKS 004.jpg
      35.1 KB · Views: 341
    • SKS 005.jpg
      SKS 005.jpg
      33.1 KB · Views: 338
    • SKS 006.jpg
      SKS 006.jpg
      44.1 KB · Views: 352

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I finally caught the Fedex guy. The SKS looks good, no cracks, one broken chunk at left receiver, tons of cosmoline.

I LIKE THAT one! I've paid a good bit more for ones that were not any nicer than what's showing in the photo. I'm not sure that's the original stock anyway, since most of the very early Sino-Soviets had the side-mounted rear sling attachment.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    At Lebanon Gun Show through tomorrow: P-38's NIB, Unfired, several Inland Carbines, tables of Mosins ($159) and Chinese M53s, LOTS of milsurps and C & R . Ammo inc. Mak, Tok, Swiss, lots of .22LR, even saw bricks of .22 SHORT at close to pre-panic prices. Outstanding show. Picked up a Ruger 10/22 and BX-25 mag for the non-C &R collection.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    I LIKE THAT one! I've paid a good bit more for ones that were not any nicer than what's showing in the photo. I'm not sure that's the original stock anyway, since most of the very early Sino-Soviets had the side-mounted rear sling attachment.

interesting, both of my sino-albanians had the same stock and were 1xx,xxx no arsenal stamp

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    At Lebanon Gun Show through tomorrow: P-38's NIB, Unfired, several Inland Carbines, tables of Mosins ($159) and Chinese M53s, LOTS of milsurps and C & R . Ammo inc. Mak, Tok, Swiss, lots of .22LR, even saw bricks of .22 SHORT at close to pre-panic prices. Outstanding show. Picked up a Ruger 10/22 and BX-25 mag for the non-C &R collection.

damn I was going to go up there today too...hmmm wonder if anything cool will be left tomorrow.

astroaxis

Feb 19, 2013

Very nice. Much better wood than the one i got so far. im also having a bear of a time punching out the retaining pin to get the firing pin out. soaked in mineral spirits 24hours , now its back in again for another 24.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Anybody gotten one of Widener's cz50s? I'm thinking of getting one but don't know what to expect condition wise. The ad says they're in "fair condition with holster wear"

MotoJ

Sep 4, 2012
    Mobtown
    Anybody gotten one of Widener's cz50s? I'm thinking of getting one but don't know what to expect condition wise. The ad says they're in "fair condition with holster wear"

I've been looking at those too. I've had good luck with Widener's. So far I've been happy with everything I've gotten from them so far.
    NRA "fair" is not very good. I don't know if Widener's is using the NRA grading system. I wish they described the bore, slide, etc.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I've been looking at those too. I've had good luck with Widener's. So far I've been happy with everything I've gotten from them so far.
    NRA "fair" is not very good. I don't know if Widener's is using the NRA grading system. I wish they described the bore, slide, etc.

In m experience, Weidners sets expectations low in their descriptions. Seems like everything I've gotten from them has been better than described.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    In m experience, Weidners sets expectations low in their descriptions. Seems like everything I've gotten from them has been better than described.

I'm almost certain they write the ad based off the worst examples. Then, when they get down to those examples, they put the rest of the stock on sale. Like they did with the M57s and the CZ82s.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm almost certain they write the ad based off the worst examples. Then, when they get down to those examples, they put the rest of the stock on sale. Like they did with the M57s and the CZ82s.

The funny thing is, my $189 Weidners CZ82 is the one I shoot the most of four I have. It's in really good shape and sights still have the white paint on them.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    Received a CZ 50 from weidners about 2 months back. Condition was good but did show finish wear. Fired fine. I ran 50 rounds through it with no FTF of FTE. I was happy with the pistol for the price. It keeps my Walther PP company

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel

I've been debating getting one of these eventually but I can't bring myself to do it since I already have a cz82.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    You can not have it shipped to you in MD anymore. You would have to buy out of state at a show now

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom