• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Classic has a new shipment of Sino-Albanian SKSs in stock for $319 (+$20 for hand select best of 10). This is about $50 more, I think, than the last batch to be imported, but it's still a good deal for an amazing (though ugly stock) rifle.

ordered one this afternoon. Will post when I get it.

The links posted lead me to take a look at my other SKSs.

My Chinese is a Serial under 5000 from 1980 (24 00XXXX) from Factory 6636 with a spike bayonet. Everything seems to match for the year etc

My Russian is a 55/56 Tula arsenal refurb (black bolt) but all numbers/font match except the mag, thats number match but electro pencil. Laminate stock with correct #. Dont think its been fired much if at all since refurb.

So now I need to find an early russian and early chinese to match. :)

Found an unissued Yugo SKS today but didnt buy it because I think the help behind the counter had the price wrong and the owner wasnt around to clear it up. They were originally selling them with cosmo /OR/ cleaned up for $150 more. This one was the last one and was cleaned for $499, but the guy was trying to tell me it was $499 + $150. I know that wasnt right because its said "You clean" with no price, and "WE CLEAN $499" which makes sense if it was the floor model and was decosmo'd.

Going back tomorrow to shoot and will check again

Last edited:

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Are SKSs still a good investment at these prices? I don't think I'm going to get one, but maybe I will speculate on one and see what happens. I think I'd rather have 2 more cases of Russian surplus 7.62x 54 for just a little bit more money.

I think the Sino-Albanians are still a good investment at that price. I'm surprised, actually, that some more have come in, but it looks like a fairly small lot. These are only available because they were parked in Albania long enough to be imported, and there aren't a huge number of them. I don't think they are going to skyrocket in value, but they should have a respectable rather of growth.

Keep in mind that these are not the cheap Norincos. They are essentially Tulas that were built for a few years in China.

dwhaley

Oct 20, 2008
    Whats up with this "not for sale in MD" stuff on AIM? That apply only to non C&R sales?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    AIM Surplus has them now too. $279.95 but says "wont ship to MD" WTF?
    Sent them an email asking why. :sad20:

Update: they said anything after 1984 has to be on the MD approved list.
    So I told them they have it listed as 03 C&R Cant be both, so which is it. Or can it?

Every link in the world the the MD handgun roster is BROKEN. Wayback machine doesnt have it archived. WTF is going on

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom