• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013
    Damn, only 4 in stock. Hopefully someone on here gets one. They'll probably be gone by the time anyone reads this.

I will let you know what I get! Ha!

I have been watching this daily as they have posted a couple very small batches of US Property-marked and non-marked No 4 Mk I rifles over the past couple of weeks...and I kept missing them. So tonight I got one. It is a little expensive, but what the hell...late Christmas present.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    I just got one too. Will try and post pics. Out of curiosity, is this a little high for these rifles? I thought so, but I am always happy with what I get from Aim Surplus.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I just got one too. Will try and post pics. Out of curiosity, is this a little high for these rifles? I thought so, but I am always happy with what I get from Aim Surplus.

I'd say that's about absolute top dollar for them, depending on condition. Since they mentioned the tropics, I'd imagine they came from the same place the No.5's came from, and those were pretty rough. If they're beaters, I'd say they're worth $250.

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013

The non-"US PROPERTY" marked rifles were considerably cheaper at $295. There was a premium for the Savages.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Dave91 has me worried these are rough from some jungle somewhere.

They said ending up in South Asia, which is where the No.5s they sold came from. They were rough but looked like good shooters and most were matching. For a shooter though that price is a little high. If they turn out to be nice it's not so bad a price.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    They said ending up in South Asia, which is where the No.5s they sold came from. They were rough but looked like good shooters and most were matching. For a shooter though that price is a little high. If they turn out to be nice it's not so bad a price.

The smart money is Malaysia...at least for the No. 5s. Used against insurgents, they say...probably all fooferah and they were just drill rifles. The filthy GD barrel on mine suggests some heavy use, tho.

Regardless, they're out of the Savages now. Which makes me sad, ye olde maties.

...I...I'm not sure why I went all pirate there. Apologies.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If anyone is interested, AIM Surplus has "US PROPERTY" marked Enfield No 4 Mk 1 rifles:
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...erty+Enfield+No+4+Mk+1+Rifle+303cal&groupid=6

I paid $400 for mine in PA coming back from a flea market where I was money drunk. I could have talked him down some but did not even think cause I wanted one before I walked in. Mine is a decent shooter but has the updated Milled rear sight with the clicky elevation on it. Mine is also Savage US Property marked.

Hmm, I thought the OBama decree kept US property marked items from being imported. Maybe since just 4 it was from a collector dumping something or an estate?

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    I called today and spoke with a customer rep. at Aim. The rifles are from Malaysia. Told him I was concerned about getting a rust bucket. He assured me they were gone through thoroughly by Aim. Said they may have some small amounts of surface rust, but they are fully functional and in nice shape. Just got a shipping notice so we shall see.

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013
    I called today and spoke with a customer rep. at Aim. The rifles are from Malaysia. Told him I was concerned about getting a rust bucket. He assured me they were gone through thoroughly by Aim. Said they may have some small amounts of surface rust, but they are fully functional and in nice shape. Just got a shipping notice so we shall see.

I just got my shipping notice as well, so they are definitely on top of things. The ad did say they had decent bores, so fingers crossed.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I know these are not C&R and they are a little pricey but Weidner's just got some P83s with one mag and holster for $259 + ship. I got one of the ones from SOG during their holiday sale for $200 with two mags but no holster, it's a pretty nice pistol.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    AIM has wire-wrapped Enfield No. 1 Mk. IIIs in stock...$275 for the Lee Enfield models, $200 for the Ishapore versions.

edit: well, that was fast....the lee enfields lasted all of 5 minutes...

Wierd, I cant get to them without using that link. Usually it seems like Aim's products stay up for a long time after they are sold out. Maybe they are expecting to get more of the swiss rifles that have been sold out forever but are still on the page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom