• Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    ;)

13-03-2016_18-27-42_726099.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

11e99a62b6043c485786db8414679207.png

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Dennis at Empire Arms sells nice stuff, and charges for it. Despite knowing this, I experienced a little sticker shock when I checked his Makarov inventory ...

http://www.empirearms.com/pistols.htm

Two Soviets that he rates Excellent-Plus are listed for $950. Getting an HQL and a Bulgarian variant is decidedly cheaper, especially if you want to shoot one vs get a safe queen (seems like an oxymoron when discussing a Makarov - these guns are meant to be shot and treated roughly).

Denny has fallen off the wagon of late.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Denny has fallen off the wagon of late.
    I haven't shopped there recently. At least for the Soviet Makarovs, I'm also seeing high (often higher) prices on GunBroker. Can't find Makarovs of any origin at Simpsons right now. Classic has Bulgarians that they suggest are in very good condition for about $300. Not seeing them at AIM, SOG, etc.

On a separate note, for those interested, while searching for Maks, I found that Dan's has a bunch of 9mm Zastava pistols in chrome ...

http://www.dansammo.com/firearms.asp

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Okay, well idiot me went ahead and bought a P1. Hopefully I end up loving it as much as I think I will.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I can’t believe they’re still in stock

I am only slightly, but according to a quick estimate of the picture they posted on Twitter, there are at least 170 P1 and P38 on the table. That coulda been all of them, but they may have gotten more they didn’t bother putting out or my quick count could have been low (it wasn’t high).

That and $499 isn’t exactly cheap. It isn’t like they doubled the price, but it is a bump over where P1s seemed to be selling a few months ago.

I won’t complain (about them still having some) :party29:

For 9mm my bucket list is a P08, P38/1, Cz75, Beretta 92(preferably FS) and Glock 17/19 (I own a 17, yeah it isn’t amaze, but I feel like everyone needs to own a Glock).

Not that I wouldn’t mind another 9 in there somewhere, but those are the ones I really want at some point. So getting a P1 makes me happy. I would be happier though if it were $50 or $100 less. But based on pictures and description, the ones they got in are in VG to Excellent condition

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The P38's sold out very quickly apparently.
    Spare mags are sold out too which is surprising.

That could also be that they only had a few P.38s in the lot and a ton of P1?

Mags is a surprise unless they just didn’t have a lot of spare ones. I noticed Friday when I was looking at the P1, it listed the mags as out of stock, but Saturday when I ordered mine they were listed as in stock again. So maybe someone found some in a box that morning. :D

Jul 1, 2012
    Yup, one of the original blurbs said there weren't many P.38's.
    The price for the mags was quite good if they were in decent shape, people probably stocked up.
    Can never have too many, and good trade fodder as well.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yup, one of the original blurbs said there weren't many P.38's.
    The price for the mags was quite good if they were in decent shape, people probably stocked up.
    Can never have too many, and good trade fodder as well.

It’s the kind of gun I probably only want 3 mags ever (my minimum for any gun unless I acquire something really rare. I still need to get a 3rd Cz50 mag). That said, I might try to get a 4th and/or 5th eventually. I’ve read a couple of accounts of people cutting down the follower and getting P.38/1 to run reliably with 9 in the magazine. It makes me really curious. I would NOT do this with Surplus mags. Or at least not with “the three”.

Still hasn’t shipped yet. AIM is seeming slower than usual on this order. Though maybe they weren’t doing much shipping wise Saturday late afternoon and probably not Sunday.

Badger1

MDS Supporter
    Jun 21, 2017
    SOG pushed out an email special this morning - P64s for $195. They were sold out within like 30 minutes.

That's a great price! I'm sorry I missed it.

On the magazine front, Classic just sold out of P64 mags a few days ago... I had been dragging my feet on getting another.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    That's a great price! I'm sorry I missed it.

On the magazine front, Classic just sold out of P64 mags a few days ago... I had been dragging my feet on getting another.
    There's a Maryland shop (was and maybe still is an IP for this forum) that sells newly manufactured P64 mags. Back when I had a P64, I got mags from them and they worked great.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    SOG pushed out an email special this morning - P64s for $195. They were sold out within like 30 minutes.

Yeah my buddy emailed it to me. I was considering buying a pair to put away for when the prices go up and...yup, out of stock.

Then again, I think a few weeks ago they were out of stock of M57 and then a week or two later they had them in stock again.

They of course might not get any more in...but I can hope. At $175 each for two...I mean, dang.

But if not, oh well. I think I’ve moved beyond wanting one for myself, but could be a nice deal for a gun thatll go up in value in time.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Damnit. SOG has the P64s listed as in stock again so I impulse bought two for the future when the prices inflate (and maybe I’ll like them and decide to keep one).

PS thanks for the link to reasonably priced mags. Everywhere else seems to be like $40 for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom