• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Man I wish CTD still had that ammo. I just finished cleaning up the 400rds I ordered on enbloc's. 1 Enbloc is probably toast, rusted inside and out, and after all the tumbling only 2 rounds ended up toast. For comparison my last 200rds I got from CMP I tossed 8 rnds, most of them because they were corrosive primed, I didnt actually toss the corrosive primed ones but I wont be firing them in their current format through my rifle.

Now I will say on other boards the loose rounds seemed to be the real rejects as some people got some really buggered up rounds in the loose lots. It seems like all the ones in enblocs and links were the steal of the last decade though.

Oh and I took out my rifle and shot 16 rounds of the CTD ammo through it. No problems or hitches. My only complaint was that I lost 1 case so I only came back with 15.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    Man I wish CTD still had that ammo. I just finished cleaning up the 400rds I ordered on enbloc's. 1 Enbloc is probably toast, rusted inside and out, and after all the tumbling only 2 rounds ended up toast. For comparison my last 200rds I got from CMP I tossed 8 rnds, most of them because they were corrosive primed, I didnt actually toss the corrosive primed ones but I wont be firing them in their current format through my rifle.

Now I will say on other boards the loose rounds seemed to be the real rejects as some people got some really buggered up rounds in the loose lots. It seems like all the ones in enblocs and links were the steal of the last decade though.

Oh and I took out my rifle and shot 16 rounds of the CTD ammo through it. No problems or hitches. My only complaint was that I lost 1 case so I only came back with 15.

Saturday morning, I ordered 640 more rounds on links and some .303 on clips. Fingers crossed regarding what shows up. Will post once I receive on Thursday.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    Received 640 rounds of 30 06 on links and 900 .303 on clips from CTD. Could only take quick look because I was about to leave when it arrived. 30 06 looked good, some rounds were tarnished. The .303 was HXP from the 70's and it was bright and shiny. Will post more once I get into it.

Keeping with the thread, CTD also has cans (appear sealed) of US surplus .50 BMG. Price is $165 per 110 rounds. I don't need.50 rounds, but it is cheap and pretty cool too. Here is the link:
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-A35110LSLF

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Those looking for 7.62 x 39 FMJ by Fiocchi, look HERE. $15.47/ box before shipping.

No steel, can be used at indoor ranges

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Apologies for placing this in a C&R thread, but these are used handguns that some might be interested in here. Even if no longer produced with this model designation, they are not C&R items.

Sig Sauer P228 in 9mm ...

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1SIG228

$400

LE trade-ins from Israel. No mags shipped to MD.

I'm tempted. I've heard that these balance just a bit more naturally than the P229 as the slides were made differently.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Apologies for placing this in a C&R thread, but these are used handguns that some might be interested in here. Even if no longer produced with this model designation, they are not C&R items.

Sig Sauer P228 in 9mm ...

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1SIG228

$400

LE trade-ins from Israel. No mags shipped to MD.

I'm tempted. I've heard that these balance just a bit more naturally than the P229 as the slides were made differently.

GONE! (Yeah ... they are nice guns!)

Had one, gave it to my brother, not because it wasn't a nice pistol.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yeah, I couldn't justify pulling the trigger on one, even if I've been interested. Maybe after getting some other items higher on the list. Have noticed that AIM tends to post their now-in-stock firearms in between 5:00-5:10pm with recent notices that I've received.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Those looking for 7.62 x 39 FMJ by Fiocchi, look HERE. $15.47/ box before shipping.

No steel, can be used at indoor ranges

Haven't seen that for a while, but it is good ammo. Seems more consistent accuracy wise that steel case wolf, etc....plus not bi-metal jacketed like the steel cased stuff (as you've observed).

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    $200ish when you factor in shipping ain't bad for a shootable pistol. If I didn't have one already or could justify 2, I'd be all over this sale.

I don't know ... Given the condition, I'd much rather put that $200 toward something more desirable, like a Polish Tok.

4bb1170b10454d24a6a03ba829eeef02.jpg

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yeah, that's kind of knarly. Between having a decent one and being flat broke, I'm passing too. But they are a nice little "slip in the pocket when you walk out to the barn late a night" piece. I wouldn't mind having a second one that I don't have to worry about the finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom