• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    I am interested in the crate if you don't want it. If so let me know what you would want for it. Thanks

sorry, the crate is one of the reasons i wanted to do this, probably gonna make a coffee table out of it.

if you call around you may find some dealer with some on hand though, many places in the past have given them away as long as you pick up.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    sorry, the crate is one of the reasons i wanted to do this, probably gonna make a coffee table out of it.

if you call around you may find some dealer with some on hand though, many places in the past have given them away as long as you pick up.

Thanks. I have tried that with no luck. I will keep looking.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    You just need to buy a crate-o-mosins, sell 'em fer a buck fiddy a pop and keep da crate.

:)

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    You just need to buy a crate-o-mosins, sell 'em fer a buck fiddy a pop and keep da crate.

:)

Trust me...that thought has crossed my mind. I may still do that. A few guys at work got C&R's recently and I am trying to convince them to get a crate among them and give me the crate for a few bucks.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    What are the crates selling for? I'd think they'd go for $50-$75 easy. I've never seen one for sale.

since no one will ship one, they've always been free or $20 or so from dealers.

that might have changed now that more guys seem to be after them and less crates are out there.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Not sure if anyone is looking for a Ballester Molina, or not, but what appears to be a nicer-than-average shooter is on ARMSLIST now (seller is in Nevada).
    [...]
    Just saw something else on GunBroker that would tempt me if I hadn't already blown this month's toy budget. It's a Argentine Sistema (Colt 1911, made in Argentina with Colt equipment, drawings, and supervision at plant start-up).

Both gone! I wonder if anyone here bought them?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'd definitely buy several more for $20 each. I have one and all it does is sit in my barn. But it's really cool.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I got the Molina. I was contemplating the Sistema and asked a few questions. By the time I got back to him it was toast.

It's hard to tell from a couple of not-so-great photos, but I think you did well on that Ballester. $450 is about what Sarco gets for one that looks like it has leprosy, and that one looked pretty good. You should enjoy it.

Sorry you missed the Sistema!

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    It's hard to tell from a couple of not-so-great photos, but I think you did well on that Ballester. $450 is about what Sarco gets for one that looks like it has leprosy, and that one looked pretty good. You should enjoy it.

Sorry you missed the Sistema!

I spoke to the guy at length. Said the Ballester is a great pistol. Bore in great shape and eats whatever he feeds it, no problem. $15 for shipping so that is ok too. Yeah, the Sistema would have been a nice addition. I have been poking around looking for one but when I saw your post knowing you are one of the go to guys I jumped on a few questions. I was just a bit slow I guess...Someone hit the BIN and it was gone.

We had chatted about a Mauser HSc .32 he has and said he would throw it in the same box for just a few bucks more for shipping. But I found mixed reviews on that pistol. Most said it was a nice gun but others no so much. And he also me if I was interested in a Reising Model 60 as well. He said it had a near perfect original finish. Said he would drop that a good $250-$350. Still about $3K though. That one had ok reviews but some sites mentioned issues getting them back together correctly since they were fitted with filing in most cases. I passed on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom