• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    Here's a special eBay deal on 2 Tapco 20-round magazines for your SKS--only $125. Get 'em while you can......:lol2:

I'm scratching my head. Not over the ridiculous price, but at how the ad hasn't been terminated by ebay. I tried to sell a couple 13rd mags a while ago and they ended the ad because you cannot sell mags over 10rd on ebay.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I'm scratching my head. Not over the ridiculous price, but at how the ad hasn't been terminated by ebay. I tried to sell a couple 13rd mags a while ago and they ended the ad because you cannot sell mags over 10rd on ebay.

Probably the way he worded it....

TAPCO SKS Magazines. Replacements for 10 round fixed mag. Black

Makes it look like 10 round fixed mags to the eBay folks.....

Hell, maybe I can sell all those 20-rounders I've been getting from Sportsman Guide and Century International Arms at $19.95 each for only $50 a piece--a BARGAIN! :lol2:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    If it's 7.62x39 you want, sign up for email alerts from Midway. On two recent occasions I've gotten 500 rounds of Tula shipped for $150 from them. I got the notice on some 5.56 too, but was a little too slow to act.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    My local w*lmarts have been stocking 7.62x39 Tula FMJ a few days last week. Price is good but limited to 3 boxes per person. YMMV on multi-purchases. Stock usually lasts a few hours to a day or so.

Downside is lurkers and Google are spreading this info almost as fast as we post it. Hence the w*lly w*rld asterisks.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Not sure if anyone is looking for a Ballester Molina, or not, but what appears to be a nicer-than-average shooter is on ARMSLIST now (seller is in Nevada). It doesn't look like something you'd be worried about carrying around, afraid you might scuff it, but it's respectable-looking and appears (from what I can tell from the photo) like it hasn't undergone that dreadful quickie sandblast & BBQ paint Argentine "arsenal refurbish" that so many of them have been put through (not really BBQ paint, but they look that bad).

Price? Not great ... but not at all bad, given the current market. The guy wants $450 for it. I'd probably pop for it, but I have a commitment to buy something else this week, and have a bid in on something else.

Oh ... the guy doesn't know how to spell, "Ballester Molina".

http://www.armslist.com/posts/15016...er-mollena--45--1911-type--vg-condition---450

Just saw something else on GunBroker that would tempt me if I hadn't already blown this month's toy budget. It's a Argentine Sistema (Colt 1911, made in Argentina with Colt equipment, drawings, and supervision at plant start-up). This one is the commercial model ... less collectible than the military models ... but it appears to have the original finish and seems to be nicer than most that you see for sale these days. At a "buy it now" price of $625, you'd have a hard time doing better for an authentic Colt 1911. It's been up a whole day. Surprised it hasn't gotten snagged yet.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=339043351

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I was looking at the Ballesters, then found a Sistema Colt on GB. The finish wasn't as nice as this one but for for $475 it's a beautiful weapon.....

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I was looking at the Ballesters, then found a Sistema Colt on GB. The finish wasn't as nice as this one but for for $475 it's a beautiful weapon.....

They--Sistemas--are just getting discovered as good investment pistols, and the prices (unfortunately, if you are a buyer) are reflecting that. Not many people realize that these are genuine "factory Colts" and not some cheap clone. It's just that they came out of the Colt factory in Argentina. In fact, some people have argued that the Argentine Colts, made by people who really needed to produce quality in order to keep their jobs, are consistently better made than those turned out in shops where unions protected workers who might not have been as meticulous.

The tricky part is not getting one that looks pretty good to the uninformed but is a beater that's been poorly "re-arsenaled" for sale to Americans. There are a lot like that (some advertised for big bucks). There are also a lot of people asking absurd prices for these, and not getting them ... yet. Finding a pretty nice Sistema for under $700 is getting to be harder and harder. I hate to go on and on about the crappy Argentine "re-arsenal" work done to some of these things (I doubt that it was done in an actual arsenal), but they'd have been much better left without much ... or any ... finish, than getting a pebble finish from being blasted with beach sand.

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    The tread title is misleading especially for us on mobile devices. Title should be changed.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    does it count if its myself? :D

Ive got a mosin crate coming, and im going to be looking to sell several to offset the cost.

also looking to sell a replica mosin PU sniper.

if anyone is interested PM me.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Totally cool! If you get any hexes that you want to sell, let me know. But I assume you'll want to keep those. :)

if i get a few i might sell one, ill let you know whats available.

the shipping company called a few hours ago, im set to receive it tomorrow.

it feels like christmas!

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    does it count if its myself? :D

Ive got a mosin crate coming, and im going to be looking to sell several to offset the cost.

also looking to sell a replica mosin PU sniper.

if anyone is interested PM me.

I am interested in the crate if you don't want it. If so let me know what you would want for it. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom