• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    I don't know what that Lake Tilghman is, but if it isn't for hunting or recreational shooting it's not a legit use of PR Act funds. And a stadium doesn't sound like something for recreational shooting or hunting. They might have state funds and not PR Act money, however.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    UPDATE: I'll be short here. I'm still waiting on a few email replies regarding the regulation changes, but, long story short is. If we demand change in the regulation, it has to be done by 2012. 2012 is the next round of proposal changes, so, I am hard at work getting some things together to present to the masses and see if we can make a change. Stand by for more.

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    A bunch of MD shooters got together a few months ago and cleaned the place up and had a great pot luck brunch.

alledgedly :innocent0

I alledgedly had something to do with that and it might have been considered a success by some.

I have an email into the regional volunteer coordinator to try to make a "friends of Myrtle Grove" group a permanent fixture. I would like to talk to "the managment" and sort it out but I need to have my ducks in a row first to make sure it is done right so there is no question of liablity or repsonsiblity.
    With respect to getting PR fund money to put another hole out there (hopefully a 200 or 300 yard hole) just tell me where to sign and if there is anything else I can do to make it happen.

9mm

guns and glory
    Jul 21, 2009
    P.G County
    I alledgedly had something to do with that and it might have been considered a success by some.

I have an email into the regional volunteer coordinator to try to make a "friends of Myrtle Grove" group a permanent fixture. I would like to talk to "the managment" and sort it out but I need to have my ducks in a row first to make sure it is done right so there is no question of liablity or repsonsiblity.
    With respect to getting PR fund money to put another hole out there (hopefully a 200 or 300 yard hole) just tell me where to sign and if there is anything else I can do to make it happen.

I like that I will help anyway I can .:thumbsup:

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head

No problem fellas, I'm in process of a few things here with all that stuff, same as you with the Friends Of Myrtle Grove project, I'm currently jumping through the political hoops.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    EVERYBODY WHO USES THE MYRTLE GROVE RANGE !

I'm in the process of submitting a letter to Dave Heilmeier, Southern Regional Manager for the Maryland DNR, and I am also submitting a copy to Mr. John Griffin for their review. The letter is basically a collection of comments I have compiled from from several forums regarding the shooting communities requests, desires, and demands, for updating the facilities and amenities at the Myrtle Grove WMA shooting range.

I think we can all agree that both gentlemen need to be made aware of the importance of the range to the local shooting community and the upgrades we are interested in. I will post a copy of the letter and comments I collected on the SMST website as soon as I have the file ready for view via PDF.

I also want to make everybody aware that if you expect changes to take place at Myrtle Grove, you need to speak up and make your thoughts heard to the people who are responsible to make the changes happen.

Write letters, make phone calls, speak up for what you and others want. I am doing all I can to represent via SMST, but, everybody has to speak up as well. I have listed their contact information below for your perusal, so, make the effort to write letters and make phone calls, or send emails. 2011 is coming fast and we want to make it happen n the first go around when that time comes, here's the info:

David Heilmeier
    Southern Region Manager
    MD DNR Wildlife and Heritage Service
    6904 Hallowing Lane
    Prince Frederick, MD 20678
    (410) 535-0282
    Email: dheilmeier@dnr.state.md.us

John R. Griffin
    Secretary of Natural Resources
    Department of Natural Resources
    Tawes State Office Building
    580 Taylor Avenue
    Annapolis, Maryland 21401
    (410) 260-8100 - fax: (410) 260-8111
    Email: jgriffin@dnr.state.md.us

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    These letters have been submitting to both gentlemen. I'm not expecting a reply from either, but, they do, I will update. The letters are presented to show the interest we have for improving the range overall in several different areas. All we can do is state a case and stick with it, so, keep the comments and suggestions coming.

Dismandibled

Apr 20, 2020
    What happened with this

Hey, I know this is over a decade later but the proposal to make a new shooting pit obviously fell through. Any thoughts on starting a new attempt? I would be happy to reach out to the DNR and our legislators about it because Myrtle Grove is too dang crowded and I also want to shoot at 200+ yrds.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I do believe "The World Economic Forum" has a ban on any new ranges in SOMD for a few decades now (or improvements to existing ones),,,
    I will never happen

Hey, I know this is over a decade later but the proposal to make a new shooting pit obviously fell through. Any thoughts on starting a new attempt? I would be happy to reach out to the DNR and our legislators about it because Myrtle Grove is too dang crowded and I also want to shoot at 200+ yrds.

SlugCaster

Nov 14, 2016
    give it one more year. it only took 11 years to get the roof over the range as i have seen posted about years ago.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    give it one more year. it only took 11 years to get the roof over the range as i have seen posted about years ago.

Unless something happened over the summer, there is not a real roof over any part of the range.

I have not gone back to MG since March when a few guys there were showing off to their friends and rapid firing while not being able to control the weapons and muzzling everyone on the range and playing with their firearms while people were downrange and got angry when people tried to correct the. Smartly everyone left the range at the same time before anything serious happened, I think a few called DNR but I didnt stick around. It was the 3rd time in less than a month that I had gone there and saw some real cowboy stuff. Waiting a while longer to try there again, I used to go 3 or 4 times a month before that..

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Bottom line is:
    You are not going to "Improve" Myrtle Grove,, Until you "improve" the people who shoot there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom