• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Are they still playing solitaire while you speak?

Well gee, Wally, the legislators are not in session right now, but you knew that.

On the one hand you talk about the judicial route being dead and then when it is pointed out to you that MSI is also utilizing the legislative route you poo poo that and then you wonder why you get the a-hole comments.

Honestly I don't get people like you and others in this thread. You bitch and moan about the state of the 2A in MD but won't get up off your ass to do something about it. How about putting down the keyboard next year and working to support a pro 2A Delegate in your area who will give us the 5 we need to sustain a veto.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Well gee, Wally, the legislators are not in session right now, but you knew that.

On the one hand you talk about the judicial route being dead and then when it is pointed out to you that MSI is also utilizing the legislative route you poo poo that and then you wonder why you get the a-hole comments.

Honestly I don't get people like you and others in this thread. You bitch and moan about the state of the 2A in MD but won't get up off your ass to do something about it. How about putting down the keyboard next year and working to support a pro 2A Delegate in your area who will give us the 5 we need to sustain a veto.

Nope you aren't reading my posts. Never poo pooed the legislative route. If talking to a current legislature is the legislative route then we are talking apples to oranges.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Stoveman;5015948= said:
    How about putting down the keyboard next year and working to support a pro 2A Delegate in your area who will give us the 5 we need to sustain a veto.

That is legislative but to veto what? The next round of anti-2A legislation of what we don't know?

What pro-2A delegate is currently ramping up to run?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You are piling on my pessimism but I appreciate the well thought out response vs. the "you're an a-hole go home." Is MDS just one big echo chamber? "Think like us or log out!"

I see the exact opposite though and the small light I see was the attempt at the Baltimore legislature to install a no appeal 1 year jail sentence for illegal possession. The people that showed up to protest were no MDS members or the like. I think they are breaking the law because they know they need to defend themselves in the crappiest areas of the state. They are angered that they may face jail time for possession. That is a small stones throw away from what we want packaged in a different form.

It can be done. It would take a small dedicated army of believers and a charismatic politician willing to go into the lions den and show they care. Yes, I can see the eyes rolling through my screen but judicially we have no path. Clearly no one agrees with me and MSI and others will continue to fight in court. You can talk to the current legislators until you are blue in the face. They aren't listening either. I hope you prove me wrong. I will be moving out of MD in 9 years and I don't think you will be able to serve me humble pie before then.

Nope you aren't reading my posts. Never poo pooed the legislative route. If talking to a current legislature is the legislative route then we are talking apples to oranges.

I'm reading your posts loud and clear, who else but the current legislators do you want them or anybody to talk to? Or do you want to sit this session out and let the infringers in the GA just run amok?

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    Without everyone getting butthurt, I'm seriously asking what pro 2A battles have been won in this state? The only one I know of is the spent shell requirement and that had to do with money not politics.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Past administrations were holding secret meetings , the handgun review board is now attended by Patriots . That did not come by people at the computers complaining it changed to open meetings because of action .

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Past administrations were holding secret meetings , the handgun review board is now attended by Patriots . That did not come by people at the computers complaining it changed to open meetings because of action .

So isn't that is an example of what I'm talking about?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Without everyone getting butthurt, I'm seriously asking what pro 2A battles have been won in this state? The only one I know of is the spent shell requirement and that had to do with money not politics.

Permit holders don't have to submit fingerprints with renewals. Small steps, but to be expected when the good guys are playing defense.

The deferred training bill was actually passed out of committee and literally was the victim of time on Sine Die last year.

Which is why it is important to get out and support pro 2A candidates next year.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    So isn't that is an example of what I'm talking about?

I was commenting on a positive action resulting in a positive outcome .

You were talking about why do anything because nothing will change .

That is how I see your post(s) and read them . If we do nothing we are guaranteed nothing will change .

I must admit I am more of a positive person , that has overcome extreme odds . I fight (not fist fight) in more ways then I can ever speak of in this forum .
    I am not a lay on my back kinda man , I get shit done and you can take that to the bank .

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

I was the winning plaintiff in a case that overturned the Annapolis regulation that BANNED self-defense by way of a Taser.

This was an actual 2nd Amendment win.

The Taser is an “arm” that I and many others are carrying while we work on further infringements.

Additional lawsuits have taken down the other bans across MD.

Winning!

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I was commenting on a positive action resulting in a positive outcome .

You were talking about why do anything because nothing will change .

Wow! Absolute opposite of what I was saying. The point is change is required. The exact point Rack was making but in a different manner. Maybe unknowingly.

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    I just don’t see why some people have to call the efforts of others a waste of time. If certain people want to joust at windmills, then it is their prerogative. Polite company wouldn’t tell them to their face they they are wasting their time.
    Moreover, the outcome of decisions cannot be known beforehand. If the 2A supporters are unsuccessful, it is better than not trying, and the seeds of future success are lain.

Doing the right thing can be a worthwhile activity, regardless of the chances of predicted success. Forecasts can be wrong, as evidenced by the elections of Hogan, Trump, and others. Judges and juries are also enigmatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Wow! Absolute opposite of what I was saying. The point is change is required. The exact point Rack was making but in a different manner. Maybe unknowingly.

So when is the next meeting or rally will you attend , I will make sure I am there to shake your hand and walk beside you holding a sign .

Get in the fight , be part of the solution . And you may even enjoy your time with us .

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Pilot you have made your thoughts on msi's tact clear. Care to tell us where you stand on the NRA? I'm not trying to stir the pot I really wonder. Having said that if you pay dues to either group and disagree it provides more weight and respect in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr H

Banana'd

Some times, when faced with an overwhelming, cheating foe, a draw can effectively be a win. Not an advance in all cases, but certainly not a reversal.

That said, there is always a need to bring pressure from all points in order to effect change.

There are a lot of things that have been said many times over the past years, but the essence of them all is that being involved in the process (and I mean more deeply than just warm bodies en masse) puts faces to faces, and personalizes the message.

All methods matter, but I stick by a general principle (especially in an election year)...

Make them know your face
    Make them know your name
    Make them fear your vote

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom