Imagine an HOA so pathetic, the members want to violate rights inside private homes (no guns)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    First. I’m unlikely to watch. TBH

HOAs are the work of the devil. Literally. The legal profession and the joke of a Justice system has built and fostered further the gift that keeps on giving… to them.

Anybody who doesn’t appreciate the Justice system as a marketplace where our money becomes their money is missing the boat.

Nothing an HOA does or tries to do surprises me.

Did you think they would never tackle the COTUS? Nah. You’re more clever than that.

Parsing the options…HOA making the rule and HOA motivated to make the rule are kinda immaterial given that it’s made. Whomever made it and whomever voted/moved to approve it are equally feckless. Indeed, I’d suggest they’ve abandoned their fiduciary responsibility and are, in fact and deed, casually inviting suit against the corporation.

Last edited:

kshaw

Nov 21, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    First, the HOA would need a deep pocket to sustain legal challenges from homeowners contending that the HOA is attempting to deny owners of their constitutional rights. Homeowners within the HOA might oppose their HOA fees being diverted to implement gun control.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    First, the HOA would need a deep pocket to sustain legal challenges from homeowners contending that the HOA is attempting to deny owners of their constitutional rights. Homeowners within the HOA might oppose their HOA fees being diverted to implement gun control.
    And of course (just like we're so familiar with in Maryland, where it's our tax dollars used against us) the HOA would fight back using money taken from the residents as HOA fees to bring lawyers to court.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    A little over a month ago I move OUT of a condo- We owned it. STOP. So the HOA had no authority to ban guns
    in MY condo. Yea. Ilve in Md. HOA did ban smoking on the 9x4 patio, they said community property.
    I did not want to fight that issue- Glad I'm not there and out of a communistic mentality. Own a single family dwelling in Frederick.
    And the property surrounding it. about .39 acres.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    And of course (just like we're so familiar with in Maryland, where it's our tax dollars used against us) the HOA would fight back using money taken from the residents as HOA fees to bring lawyers to court.
    HOA’s have been very successful in forcing those who oppose them in court to pay their legal fees.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    HOA’s have been very successful in forcing those who oppose them in court to pay their legal fees.
    It's actually written into a lot of HOA agreements. Our last house was in a HOA community, and IIRC, there was verbiage in there about covering their legal fees in any legal action that you'd bring against them. Never going back to a HOA again.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****Yes, this is true. There is a community nearby (King Farm) with a pretty strict HOA that has gone to court with residents, won their cases, and the tenant was ordered to pay the legal fees of the HOA in addition to their own. It was over architectural standards and the amount was well in excess of $10k (project, legal fee loss, and hauling away of materials, etc..) for a job the resident failed to inform them about, pay their fees, and provide plans for the HOA board to approve/disapprove.

The resident figured they could do whatever modifications to their property they wanted, and they were wrong, went to court, lost in court and paid dearly for it in addition to having to pay for their clearly not to code deck to be torn out and hauled away... :shocked4: Took years to get this all done but the HOA got their legal fees paid for in addition to back fees from the resident being angry and refusing to pay the HOA fee. Resident had a lien placed on the home so even if they sold the property the bill would have come out from the proceeds of the sale.

Super aggressive.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    ****Yes, this is true. There is a community nearby (King Farm) with a pretty strict HOA that has gone to court with residents, won their cases, and the tenant was ordered to pay the legal fees of the HOA in addition to their own. It was over architectural standards and the amount was well in excess of $10k (project, legal fee loss, and hauling away of materials, etc..) for a job the resident failed to inform them about, pay their fees, and provide plans for the HOA board to approve/disapprove.

The resident figured they could do whatever modifications to their property they wanted, and they were wrong, went to court, lost in court and paid dearly for it in addition to having to pay for their clearly not to code deck to be torn out and hauled away... :shocked4: Took years to get this all done but the HOA got their legal fees paid for in addition to back fees from the resident being angry and refusing to pay the HOA fee. Resident had a lien placed on the home so even if they sold the property the bill would have come out from the proceeds of the sale.

Super aggressive.

Freedom is another word for nothing left to lose.

You want to be free from mob rule? You have to go where the mob is not.

I've previously mentioned the apocryphal story of Daniel Boone, who bethought himself to relocate when he saw the cooking fires from another homestead on the horizon.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    HOA leaders who stay for a long time are often kids bullied in school as a child. I sat on the board for 3 years. Our HOA had zero enforcement authority and was limited on fines that could only be enforced through Liens on a home. I vetoed a number of votes to put liens on people which were very much unwarranted.

Nazi is a good description of many of them.
    I belonged to one (still do) where they put restrictions on Sat dishes even though courts ruled they could not.

Guns, right , bring it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    HOA wants to ban guns in the neighborhood including inside private homes.

you don't own anything in an HOA, a kid I use to hang out with after school lived in an HOA and they couldn't do XYZ after 8pm, no noise above X db it sounds like small-time communism if you ask me 15 or so years later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom