I'm so dang smart, sometimes it's scary...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    OK...so we're saying that no matter where you store the shotgun, your child is resourceful enough to be able to get to it, so you put a breech-lock on it.

Just out of curiosity, how well do you typically protect the key? :innocent0

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    I always taught the kids that there is a big difference between real guns and toy or TV guns(A team). Teach them safety early. When they have touched and watched you shoot a gun - most of the fascination and wonder goes away. If it is some dark and mysterious mythical thing to them, then the urge to "plunder" as my Dad used to say can overpower their underdeveloped self restraint!

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    In my opinion a home defense gun does not have a lock on it. However, that is not my home and you are free to defend your home with a weapon that needs unlocked if you wish. That being said, I like the idea of a guitar hook.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Everyone keeps posting how kids can get into something. Yes we all know that, but they will not if taught properly. Do you keep your kitchen knives locked up from your kids? Do they play with those? No (at least I hope not). But thats not what this thread was about. I like the idea and I have something similar, but I do not like the the idea of a defensive gun having a lock on it, especially one needing a key.

I agree with you. But the law is the law. I could put my oldest two through the hunting safety course and leave it unlocked, but I don't think the 20 month old would pass the test; he can't write yet.

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    But the law is the law.

And that is why I never go 1 MPH over the speed limit, always come to a complete stop at stop signs at 3am. And for Christ sakes I never give or receive oral sex in MD....because that would be a crime...

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    And that is why I never go 1 MPH over the speed limit, always come to a complete stop at stop signs at 3am. And for Christ sakes I never give or receive oral sex in MD....because that would be a crime...

I think we understand each other. I would never recommend breaking any law on a public website nor would I ever post a photograph on a public website that could possibly be construed as to break some kind of law.

olebess

Jan 11, 2011
    MontCo
    A friend of mine puts a zip tie through the action of his 11-87 and keeps wire cutters nearby. Same principle as the cable lock, I guess, but easier/faster to cut away.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Ignoring the rest of the stuff in this thread. That guitar holder would work with my work bench to help hold up rifles and shotguns while I'm working. Looks like I'll be hitting a music store on the way home.

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    They sell the same thing at Home depot. Dont know about the price of a guitar holder, but the hardware version is about $.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom