• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Not luck. Just saying.

Multiple people on this board have this same general setup. Plenty of people off the board too. I may know something about why they all have this rig. It's part of the reason my username subline is "bad influence".

My TL3 in 6br is a .25-.35moa rifle with berger 88s jammed hard over Benchmark. It averaged sub half across ten charge weights during load development. It averaged right at half moa for ten.charge weights with 105s and 107s. Best loads in the .3s consistently. It is not an accident.
    HA! Yes you ARE a bad influence! This rifle may have forever spoiled me because once you've experienced that kind of accuracy, you never want to back away from it. It becomes the standard to chase. At some point I'll get a wild hair and start accumulating parts again, starting with the action.

I should probably back off of the .25 MOA thing - I've personally shot .5 with it on a couple of occasions though, and I feel like the rifle is better than I am, so it's sub .5 MOA at the very least. I mean, we play battleship with it at 100 yards, and as often as not, we're right in the center of the dot.

In any case, I know that I could at least get close to that same level of accuracy by choosing the same components as before, and I'm starting to get the itch to build something else in another caliber.

Battleship.jpeg
    IMG_6112.jpeg

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    HA! Yes you ARE a bad influence! This rifle may have forever spoiled me because once you've experienced that kind of accuracy, you never want to back away from it. It becomes the standard to chase. At some point I'll get a wild hair and start accumulating parts again, starting with the action.

I should probably back off of the .25 MOA thing - I've personally shot .5 with it on a couple of occasions though, and I feel like the rifle is better than I am, so it's sub .5 MOA at the very least. I mean, we play battleship with it at 100 yards, and as often as not, we're right in the center of the dot.

In any case, I know that I could at least get close to that same level of accuracy by choosing the same components as before, and I'm starting to get the itch to build something else in another caliber.

View attachment 457433 View attachment 457435
    IMG_20230326_170406493.jpg

15 rounds prone rapid fire, bag and bipod, from my tl3. Total time including mag change well under 1min. This is what I expect out of zermatt actions. I've started using ARC actions as well with good results.

Yes I know it isn't centered. I dialed .2 left and .2 down so I would not destroy my point of aim.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    View attachment 457464
    15 rounds prone rapid fire, bag and bipod, from my tl3. Total time including mag change well under 1min. This is what I expect out of zermatt actions. I've started using ARC actions as well with good results.

Yes I know it isn't centered. I dialed .2 left and .2 down so I would not destroy my point of aim.
    Good lord! That's a hell of a 15 round group! I wonder how many just went through the ragged hole and didn't touch anything else! LOL! Is that the 6BR rifle you showed me with the Criterion barrel, Vortex Razor scope in the B&C stock?

See? That's why I'm probably not going to be inclined to buy another factory rifle - it's a bankable end product with a Zermatt action.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Good lord! That's a hell of a 15 round group! I wonder how many just went through the ragged hole and didn't touch anything else! LOL! Is that the 6BR rifle you showed me with the Criterion barrel, Vortex Razor scope in the B&C stock?

See? That's why I'm probably not going to be inclined to buy another factory rifle - it's a bankable end product with a Zermatt action.
    That is indeed the rifle you saw.
    IMG_20220605_105808094_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom