• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I keep seeing posts that give excuses for people not testifying. If you are going to go through the trouble of going to Annapolis, I feel you should do so. There are a few reasons. By signing up, you put your name into what becomes a permanent record. They can tally up the numbers of "for" and "against". Secondly, going in front of this group can be intimidating for many, and they know that. Believe me, I do not like to speak in public and know where you are coming from. The more faces and voices we can parade in front of them, the more we show broad opposition. The "expert" witnesses are usually associated with a particular organization. They know we have an agenda. Citizens don't have to let on any affiliation. You are who they serve.

You do not have to prepare anything. You don't have to come up with anything witty or earth shattering. You aren't going to tell them anything they haven't heard a couple of thousand times already. A simple "I am Bob and I am against any bill which attempts to restrict my 2A rights" or something of that sort is all you need. I would encourage everyone who takes the time to be there tomorrow to sign up and testify. If I can do it, so can you.

Here is a list of bills for the 5th and 6th:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=109778

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I'll be making my first trip there. I finally can get away for a day. I'll be the guy that looks like Charles Manson with a flat top.

ENT Shooter

Aug 21, 2011
    Towson Maryland
    Going and signing the list is not doing nothing. For some that is all that can be done. While it would be ideal to be able to sit there and wait. Life's obligations do exist. No excuse is necessary from anyone to anyone. We don't need tiered classes of gun-owners based on their level of activism.
    That said, much appreciation is due to those who are able to testify for us.

ZHammer

Pythonidae Fan
    Jul 5, 2009
    Bel Air, Md.
    I keep seeing posts that give excuses for people not testifying. If you are going to go through the trouble of going to Annapolis, I feel you should do so. There are a few reasons. By signing up, you put your name into what becomes a permanent record. They can tally up the numbers of "for" and "against". Secondly, going in front of this group can be intimidating for many, and they know that. Believe me, I do not like to speak in public and know where you are coming from. The more faces and voices we can parade in front of them, the more we show broad opposition. The "expert" witnesses are usually associated with a particular organization. They know we have an agenda. Citizens don't have to let on any affiliation. You are who they serve.

You do not have to prepare anything. You don't have to come up with anything witty or earth shattering. You aren't going to tell them anything they haven't heard a couple of thousand times already. A simple "I am Bob and I am against any bill which attempts to restrict my 2A rights" or something of that sort is all you need. I would encourage everyone who takes the time to be there tomorrow to sign up and testify. If I can do it, so can you.

Here is a list of bills for the 5th and 6th:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=109778

I have to echo what 'teratos' is saying. I stayed last Friday/Saturday to testify and trust me, if I can do it, you certainly can.

:patriot:

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    So does signing in to testify in favor count towards the numbers, I don't think I will be able to stick around that long since I have to go to work in the early evening. If it counts regardless of actually testifying I am in.

Mark

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    So does signing in to testify in favor count towards the numbers, I don't think I will be able to stick around that long since I have to go to work in the early evening. If it counts regardless of actually testifying I am in.

Mark

absolutely, come down, get in line first, sign up, then go to the rally. If you can hang past the rally go to the over flow rooms and watch the testimonies. When you have to leave you have to leave. I have 4 children, I could not stay until I was finally called last Friday, I was there for 11 hours. If they do call you in time just state your name and that you are OPPOSED that's all I would have done ...

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    absolutely, come down, get in line first, sign up, then go to the rally. If you can hang past the rally go to the over flow rooms and watch the testimonies. When you have to leave you have to leave. I have 4 children, I could not stay until I was finally called last Friday, I was there for 11 hours. If they do call you in time just state your name and that you are OPPOSED that's all I would have done ...
    I would suggest getting a little more specific than just "Opposed". Some of the bills in hearings for the next two days are ones that you may want to support. I plan on stating that, if we are as tightly limited as we were on Friday, that I am opposed to all bills which infringe on the 2A-protected rights of law-abiding citizens. I also plan on delivering written testimony for the bills that I do support, to ensure that my positions are noted.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty

Mark

Come on down, I will be there would like to meet you.

B33J

Oct 25, 2011
    I testified on the 1st as well. I am no way in any form a public speaker. I put together some thoughts and let them be known. I agree with the rest above, even if you just simply testify and say "I Oppose" goes a long way.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    On Friday, I went home, ate a quick dinner, then came back jacked up on Red Bull. I don't know that I would have made it to 2:30am otherwise. Point is, you don't HAVE to sit in Annapolis all day in order to testify.

B33J

Oct 25, 2011
    On Friday, I went home, ate a quick dinner, then came back jacked up on Red Bull. I don't know that I would have made it to 2:30am otherwise. Point is, you don't HAVE to sit in Annapolis all day in order to testify.

^^^THIS^^^

I stayed all day, granted I was #343, but didn't testify until 10:30pm.

I learned the ends and outs on this whole gig though for sure:thumbsup:

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Your testimony can be as simple as this :

House Bills that I SUPPORT :

House Bills that I OPPOSE :

Senate Bills that I SUPPORT :

Senate Bills that I OPPOSE :

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts