• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Was thinking about this last night. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but this would be *my* ideal handgun:

Start me with a single stack .45 ACP Glock.

Re-profile the slide and frame to match the width, contour, and dimensions of a 1911. Note: the re-profiling would *not* include the hammer. Keep it no exposed hammer & striker fired.

Make the trigger break like my 1911's trigger & give me a 1911 safety.

VOILA.

------

Sounds like it would just be a lot easier to buy a 1911.

As witnessed by this post, 100 years later the 1911 is still the standard other guns are trying to chase.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Was thinking about this last night. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but this would be *my* ideal handgun:

Start me with a single stack .45 ACP Glock.

Re-profile the slide and frame to match the width, contour, and dimensions of a 1911. Note: the re-profiling would *not* include the hammer. Keep it no exposed hammer & striker fired.

Make the trigger break like my 1911's trigger & give me a 1911 safety.

VOILA.

------

Did you use your telepathic powers on Kriss/ IWA for them to make your dream gun? Check out the new line of Swiss made Sphinx pistols that are being imported bt Kriss, USA........:thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Xbdpf0q_I

Attachments

• Sphinx.jpg
      Sphinx.jpg
      29.7 KB · Views: 110

BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA
    Did you use your telepathic powers on Kriss/ IWA for them to make your dream gun? Check out the new line of Swiss made Sphinx pistols that are being imported bt Kriss, USA........:thumbsup:

meh, they are cool but are not poly frame, have an exposed hammer and are not striker fired

BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA
    Sounds like it would just be a lot easier to buy a 1911.

As witnessed by this post, 100 years later the 1911 is still the standard other guns are trying to chase.

1) I don't find the sentiment that "as long as we've got something that works there no use in looking for improvements" persuasive at all.

2) I've already got a 1911, its not about that. (and multiple glocks)

On another note,

What is the advantage to having an exposed hammer over striker fired?

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    1) I don't find the sentiment that "as long as we've got something that works there no use in looking for improvements" persuasive at all.

2) I've already got a 1911, its not about that. (and multiple glocks)

On another note,

What is the advantage to having an exposed hammer over striker fired?

Improvements are fine when they are useful. An extended thumb safety, sights you can actually see, or a beavertail grip safety is an improvement in the original 1911 design. On the other hand you can't mistake cost cutting measures like polymer frames and stamped parts as necessarily being improvements from a functional standpoint.

An exposed hammer carries no particular advantage or disadvantage.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    The ideal handgun is the one that you can afford, and works when you need it to work.

Truth.

There are so many good choices these days for a good reliable handgun, you almost have to go out of your way to make a bad choice. At times we tend to split hairs over which gun is better, when the fact is just about any of the quality handguns on the market can do the job almost as well as a 1911. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom