I want to sell my Rolex: Where do I start? Anyone I can talk to?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    I have a Rolex from 1980 (I believe) that I want to sell. I don't know too much about it, but of course, I want to get a fair price for it. Does anyone know someone in the area I can talk to that is trustworthy on this issue?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    There used to be a guy on conneticut ave, a block or 2 down from the hinkley hilton. I stopped in there once a few years ago looking for a vintage one for my father. Not looked to see if he is still there. Good luck.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    My co-worker is a Rolex owner that has lived in Kensington his whole life, he knows the good shops in the area, I'll post up when i get a chance to talk to him later

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Try the rolex forums, going to a rolex store, or head to a tourneau store (http://www.tourneau.com/) and have them appraise it and then look into pricing it for sale. I recommend you get it serviced too (goes for about $500 now at the rolex store in NYC).

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    I recommend you get it serviced too (goes for about $500 now at the rolex store in NYC).

Agreed, this will significantly increase the value of the watch

There is also a very well known guy (in TX i think??) that does excellent work, i will get this info also

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I recommend you get it serviced too (goes for about $500 now at the rolex store in NYC).

Agreed, this will significantly increase the value of the watch

I was just quoted $600 to get my Submariner serviced. The guy said it would come back looking brand new. It is probably well worth it. It is likely you will get AT LEAST that much more out of it, and you can advertise it as "just serviced by the factory".

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I was just quoted $600 to get my Submariner serviced. The guy said it would come back looking brand new. It is probably well worth it. It is likely you will get AT LEAST that much more out of it, and you can advertise it as "just serviced by the factory".
    Didn't you recenlty get a Porsche? Henceforth, you will also be known as Doctor Conspicuous Consumption. :D

And I'm not talkin' T. B. :cool:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Didn't you recenlty get a Porsche? Henceforth, you will also be known as Doctor Conspicuous Consumption. :D

And I'm not talkin' T. B. :cool:

I did. If it makes you feel better, I only wear my Rolex when I drive my BMW. I never wear it when I drive my Porsche because I don't want to be too pretentious. :D

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I have a Rolex from 1980 (I believe) that I want to sell. I don't know too much about it, but of course, I want to get a fair price for it. Does anyone know someone in the area I can talk to that is trustworthy on this issue?

I have a 50 year old Oyster that was valued at 3k about 10 years ago. I was not involved In the appraisal.

Go to a Rolex dealer and ask them to appraise the watch.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland

Set a price and list it in the classifieds.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD

It's 2014. Who wears a watch anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom