• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BSAN

Nov 23, 2011
    charlotte hall
    A complete hbar ar is unregulated in Md. A stripped lower is just that and has no upper obviously. All ar15 style lowers are regulated.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    And by default they regulate the lowers of regulated firearms because the receiver IS the firearm according to the law. And applying their same reasoning, an HBAR lower is not regulated by law since the complete firearm is not regulated by law.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    And by default they regulate the lowers of regulated firearms because the receiver IS the firearm according to the law. And applying their same reasoning, an HBAR lower is not regulated by law since the complete firearm is not regulated by law.

Here's the problem with your argument:

An HBAR is created when you physically marry a lower receiver to a specific type of barreled upper receiver. Prior to that all lowers are just an "Other" which is regulated.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Here's the problem with your argument:

An HBAR is created when you physically marry a lower receiver to a specific type of barreled upper receiver. Prior to that all lowers are just an "Other" which is regulated.

This is how a virgin (never built or paired) lower can be either a pistol or a rifle. However once you build a rifle it can never become a pistol, though it can go from first as a pistol to a rifle but then never back again to pistol. Makes your head spin sometimes.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    This is how a virgin (never built or paired) lower can be either a pistol or a rifle. However once you build a rifle it can never become a pistol, though it can go from first as a pistol to a rifle but then never back again to pistol. Makes your head spin sometimes.

You need to catch up with the times my friend.;)

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I'm with the times. You could never prove that a lower was an HBAR and would be likely in quite a legal quandary, that's the problem and why no one does this.

The way the law is written they cannot legally consider HBAR lowers regulated. Sorry. I know most dealers won't do it because the MSP is tied directly into them keeping their business licenses and wouldn't be a prudent business move for most. There has been plenty posted on this issue. Search is your friend.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    The way the law is written they cannot legally consider HBAR lowers regulated. Sorry. I know most dealers won't do it because the MSP is tied directly into them keeping their business licenses and wouldn't be a prudent business move for most. There has been plenty posted on this issue. Search is your friend.

Ever heard the phrase "you might beat the charge but you won't beat the ride". It's really not worth it and I don't think you'd convince a jury of Maryland citizens.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    what if the lower is marked Colt HBAR?

Attachments

• HBAR.jpg
      HBAR.jpg
      75.6 KB · Views: 159

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads