• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I finally got some time on my hands, so I decided it was time to tinker with some kydex. I had a holster for my pps that I never really liked, and I have a comp-tac minotaur for it. I attempted to change the mold from my pps to my p99, it worked with limited success. Well I did some reading and came back and decided I wanted a holster for my p99 and tlr3. Below are the results, I am pretty thrilled with my finished project. The only problem is now I want to make holsters for all my guns...(the next one will be 100% made by me)

dynuvasy.jpg

3eryhu3a.jpg

e6ururut.jpg

vyhetanu.jpg

marylandgrdnr

May 7, 2011
    Frederick
    looking good...a lot better than my first attempts.

i found the most critical part was kydex temperature and the type of foam.

i like ~330 degrees...

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    This was pretty thick, but the working temp is supose to be 350, I verified with a ir gun. The trick with the light was adding filler material to make a channel for the light. It worked out to my liking.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I finally got some time on my hands, so I decided it was time to tinker with some kydex. I had a holster for my pps that I never really liked, and I have a comp-tac minotaur for it. I attempted to change the mold from my pps to my p99, it worked with limited success. Well I did some reading and came back and decided I wanted a holster for my p99 and tlr3. Below are the results, I am pretty thrilled with my finished project. The only problem is now I want to make holsters for all my guns...(the next one will be 100% made by me)

dynuvasy.jpg

3eryhu3a.jpg

e6ururut.jpg

vyhetanu.jpg

How much or what part of this one was made by you?

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    It was a complete holster for a PPS, I flattened the mold and remolded for the P99/ TLR3. I should have taken before and after photos. I did not do the cut or the rivets. I will be ordering the rivet tool and virgin kydex sheets for my next holster builds shortly. I thought my OP was pretty clear. I think the hardest part is the cut and the mold, as with anything proper planning makes all the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom