• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Josh Smith

Aug 10, 2010
    Hello,

I'm sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. I had it set on high resolution, but on a 2.0mp Blackberry camera zoomed to 3x, that doesn't matter much.

notice1.jpg

The sign reads "No Person shall carry firearms or concealed firearms on these premises." Idiots. The address of this particular store front is 1304 N Cass St, Wabash, IN; feel free to write 'em!

I pulled up in front of this place to walk to the Subway next door and saw this.

I just burst out laughing as, in Indiana, these signs carry no weight of law. I have no use for places like this, anyway. Legal loan sharks is what they are.

But, I felt they should get negative publicity for their token stance, anyway!

Enjoy boycotting 'em!

Regards,

Josh

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    what's wrong with the sign? criminals read it and know they're not welcome there, so they go elsewhere. huge crime deterrent.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    When Tx went shall issue a number of companies were VERY public that there were posting against carry (and in Tx they DO carry the weight of law).

About 6 months later, most quietly removed the signs. :)

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Yawn. I think private businesses have every right to set what ever rules they want on their premises. If they don't want you carrying, so be it.

That said, I'll have to remember not to frequent "Advance America - Cash Advance" next time I need a 28% loan. :lol:

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    When Tx went shall issue a number of companies were VERY public that there were posting against carry (and in Tx they DO carry the weight of law).

About 6 months later, most quietly removed the signs. :)

Well Josh,, Its the law in Indiana also..... If its posted No Carry. It means No Carry!

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Yawn. I think private businesses have every right to set what ever rules they want on their premises. If they don't want you carrying, so be it.

That said, I'll have to remember not to frequent "Advance America - Cash Advance" next time I need a 28% loan. :lol:

I can understand why legalized loan sharks may not want their customers armed at the moment they realize they are about to be SCREWED.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yeah, it's nice they id themselves as anti's so you won't do business with them.

You should probably educate them however on the off chance they aren't necessarily anti, just stupid.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I'll go out on a limb here.

I don't care if a store, homeowner, church or any location asks that guns not be carried on their property. They own it, and it is theirs to use as they please, property rights are as important as gun rights.

That being said, as long as they don't actively try to infringe my gun rights, I don't take offense to their exercising property rights. Of course I am free not to go or spend my money there.

Our Constitutional Rights are a two edged sword in many cases. Don't tread on me, and I won't tread on you.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    They can decide they don't want us , we can decide we don't want them.

BUT they didn't say They wouldn't be armed , just that they didn't want their business invitees to be. In that type of establishment , it's a good bet that any assults and armed robberies would be the purported customers vs the staff , rather than the customers or 3rd parties against each other.

jetlagged

Feb 28, 2013
    AA County
    I'll go out on a limb here.

I don't care if a store, homeowner, church or any location asks that guns not be carried on their property. They own it, and it is theirs to use as they please, property rights are as important as gun rights.

That being said, as long as they don't actively try to infringe my gun rights, I don't take offense to their exercising property rights. Of course I am free not to go or spend my money there.

Our Constitutional Rights are a two edged sword in many cases. Don't tread on me, and I won't tread on you.

Well said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom