• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Until two days ago, there were exactly zero known MAS produced PA50's in this country. I'm absolutely flabbergasted that France surplused any of these pistols.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Where did you get them...and are there any more? Inquiring minds and wallets would like to know.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Yes sir, 9x19.

Old Western Scrounger/Navy Arms brought them in:

Just like their FRF2 rifles, they are posting them individually so you know exactly what you are buying.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It looks like a 1911 and Beretta 92 were left alone in the safe and had a baby.

Thanks for sharing. Another gun I’ve never heard of.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Until two days ago, these were rare, rare, rare in this country. A couple years ago, I paid $2000 for one arsenal refurbished and was happy to do it. If I had a MAS produced example prior to these imports, I could pretty much name my price.

Jul 1, 2012
    Yes sir, 9x19.

Old Western Scrounger/Navy Arms brought them in:

Just like their FRF2 rifles, they are posting them individually so you know exactly what you are buying.
    Far better than luck of the draw! There's some good stuff there. The P.38 prices are very reasonable too :)

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Just recently, the French Ministry of the Armed Forces website pulled down the information they had about these pistols and replaced it with the Glock 17, their now standard sidearm. That means the venerable old 1950 has officially been put out to pasture. We may end up seeing a flood of these into the country. I'm VERY surprised the ultra-liberal French government didn't just destroy them rather than allow them to fall into the hands of the common man.

Jul 1, 2012
    They are C&R friendly. They don't ask for a ffl when ordering so you have to email it separately. Shipping is pricey around $50 and They're in WV so if it's next day air, that would be a short flight.

called and confirmed that the email address for the FFL copy is at lower right of their web page
    ("info" at ows [dash] ammo [dot] com).

Jul 1, 2012
    OK, according to Medlin and Huon "French Service Handguns 1858-2004" pp. 157-8 the MAC mfg pistols are S/N A0001 to W1900 (from 1953 to 1963). The MAS mfg guns are from FG00001 to FG100000 (Nov. 1963 to Aug. 1976) and FH00001 to FH20000 (Aug 1976 to April 1978). Most of these offered right now are C, D, F block and FG-block S/N's with MAC marked slides. There are 2 F-block guns up today with MAS slides (the more expensive listings).

So my questions for smarter people than me: are the slides numbered to the frames ala the 1935-A? And did they get swapped around when refurbished, like the 1911-A1 refurb program? In other words, why are MAS marked slides on MAC range S/N's and vice-versa. Or is the book wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom