• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've used that uplula on Glock mags, STI mags, SA mags, S&W mags, and a few others I won't admit to. The only ones it doesn't work on are Colt SMG mags, but they make uplulas for them, too. Same with AR and M1A/M14 mags.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I've used that uplula on Glock mags, STI mags, SA mags, S&W mags, and a few others I won't admit to. The only ones it doesn't work on are Colt SMG mags, but they make uplulas for them, too. Same with AR and M1A/M14 mags.
    Yes, I'm sure it would work on Hi-Point mags ;)

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I love the ETS speed loader for Glock mags. It works well with my P226 too, the P365X is tight, but it still works. Once the mags break in, I am sure the ETS will load them better.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Cammenga loaders for the true double stack subguns. I have em for mp5, uzi, and colt smg (modified uzi mag).

Have them for m16 and ak47 mags too.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I'm surprised sig doesn't throw in one of those single piece sleeve loaders.
    My Hellcat came with one and I threw it in a drawer. After trying to load 2 magazines I fished that little SOB out of that drawer. That thing ain't great, but it helps a lot.
    That is odd, never thought about it. I bought a Sing Nitron 1911 years back and they supplied a speed loader with it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Glock gives you one with every gun. I never use them, but hey, they're there.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Cammenga loaders for the true double stack subguns. I have em for mp5, uzi, and colt smg (modified uzi mag).

Have them for m16 and ak47 mags too.
    I prefer the Speed Loader from Betaco for AR/Mini14 mags. All my .223 go into stripper clips.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    That is odd, never thought about it. I bought a Sing Nitron 1911 years back and they supplied a speed loader with it.
    My P226 mK25 and my Dad’s (now mine) P229 came with one of those simplistic Sig Sauer loaders, but my 365XL, and neither of my P320’s did. That is weird.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    I'm a sucker for magazine loaders. You can't beat an Uplula. I have two Uplula loaders. One is pink, I figured no one would try to steal it. I also bought one of those ETS Speed Loader Universal Pistol Handgun Magazine Reloader. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it to work. I tried with less ammunition and it never worked. The best replacement I found was a Smith and Wesson EZ Shield.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    What do you guys think about the Speed Beez loaders? They're not universal, but you don't need to press the mag against a surface like the Uplula.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    What do you guys think about the Speed Beez loaders? They're not universal, but you don't need to press the mag against a surface like the Uplula.

I have no experience with the Speed Beez one but watched the video. I don’t like that you need one for different brand guns/mags.

I’ve had an Uplula for about 10 years and it is a solid piece of gear that has never failed me.

Having to press on a table has never really been an issue for me. I like that you can use your whole upper body as leverage for really tough mags and not just your fingers. You can really lean into it. Sig 10 rounders a pain. The 12 rounders aren’t as bad but still tough.

Without having used one, The Speed Beez just seem like it would be a pain to use with a lot of reps.

I’ve use the Uplula with the following 9mm double stack mags: CZ, Beretta, Sig, Glock.

It probably doesn’t matter but if you get an Uplula, I like to load one round by hand so the metal tab on the loader doesn’t dig into the plastic follower most mags use.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I hate screwing with stripper clips so I use the camenga zip loaders.
    I understand. Filling stripper clips gives me one more opportunity to look at my reloads one last time. I prefer having stripper clips because when the time for rapid loading of mags comes, they are quick and ammo storage is a bit more convenient.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I understand. Filling stripper clips gives me one more opportunity to look at my reloads one last time. I prefer having stripper clips because when the time for rapid loading of mags comes, they are quick and ammo storage is a bit more convenient.
    I hand gauge check the ones that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom