• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    Nice! Now all you need is a martini shaker and an Aston Martin DB5.

(And maybe a tux. I hear that if you combine the PPK, tux, martini and DB5, then Bond women start materializing out of thin air. Maybe that's just a rumor.)

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    Nice wartime model. I have an Interarms PPK in .380 and a Walther PPK/S in .380 too. When MD gives us CCW, the PPK/S will probably be my carry gun.

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    love it, cant wait to get one!!

Mine came yesterday and I've been glued to my computer all day but with buying a S&W M59, a norinco SKS, and the 125 anniversary MPDC S&W model ten, all within 2 weeks........I'm broke

/\ same here two shotguns and a beretta 92G = low on funds......plus the 'ol lady kinda made me promise no more guns till the new year

............but im gonna wear out that C&R in January!!!!:ohnoes::evilgrin3:ohnoes::evilgrin3

john

lasher9999

May 31, 2010
    Jacksonville, md
    But I do have a C&R! I've always wanted a PPK, and when I saw this one I couldn't pass it up (delivered to my doorstop today!):

010s.jpg

007s.jpg

It's wartime, looks like late production, no import marks, original grips/mag. Overall it looks great, with a little bit of character.

I'm going to look for some repro grips to put on it before taking it out to the range.

But you do have a license to spend!

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Everytime I go to this thread i'm jealous!! I've been eyeing up a Manurhin PPKs that I want really bad but I owe too much $

Same here, I been buying every C&R Walther PP and PPK I can find under $400, so far I have 3 and have only recently been looking

I found a place that has the Manhurin's for $295 and up and thinking about adding a few to my collection

Hey, somebody learn me about these Manhurin PPK's. All of a sudden I think I may need to get one!

Sergeant Rock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Hey, somebody learn me about these Manhurin PPK's. All of a sudden I think I may need to get one!

After the war Germany was banned from producing any weapons, so Walther was moved to France and made under Manhurin factory name until sometime in the 70's. They are in fact in the C&R book. I do not have one yet so I cannot tell you about differnces, if any but they are collectible and can be found in the $400-$1000 price range.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    After the war Germany was banned from producing any weapons, so Walther was moved to France and made under Manhurin factory name until sometime in the 70's. They are in fact in the C&R book. I do not have one yet so I cannot tell you about differnces, if any but they are collectible and can be found in the $400-$1000 price range.

Thanks for the info. Yet something else to add to my list!

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA

What Sgt Rock said plus I've seen some thumb rest grips on the Manurhin PP's. I'm no expert, but I don't think the WW2 Walthers had thumb rest grips.

Also, the Manurhin pistols are marked Manurhin. Later models say something about a Walther license. (at least on the PP models)

Sergeant Rock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    What Sgt Rock said plus I've seen some thumb rest grips on the Manurhin PP's. I'm no expert, but I don't think the WW2 Walthers had thumb rest grips.

Also, the Manurhin pistols are marked Manurhin. Later models say something about a Walther license. (at least on the PP models)

that is correct, and most of them also came with reddish grips and mag to match

if it has made in W. Germany stamped on it it was made in either Ulm or Zeller-Mehlis and will be appropriatly stamped as well and was after the weapons mfg restrictions imposed on Germany, then came the Inter-Arms imported/mfg models from Alexandria, Va and now presently mfg by S&W

any pre or post war models meet the age requirements for C&R status and the Manhurin models are specifically listed by name in the book, any thing other than those are not C&R

early models from my understanding have a 90 degree swing safety and 2 piece firing pin, those being the pre-war models and most desirable

the walther PP and PPK were made in 4 calibers; .32 being the most common followed by the .380 then the .22 and finally a very rare PP "Super" in 9x18 Mak

hope this helps

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    You have a long way to get to that point.;) There are plenty of heavily armed C&R addicts on MDS. Fortunately they serve as great enablers.

What other hobby allows you to collect real pieces of history that you can still take to the range and practice marksmanship? C&R is two hobbies in one AND an investment.

C&R makes golf look downright silly.:)
    A great Investment. I've been Collecting for years and my C&R Weapons have consistently went up in Price, much better than Stocks or 401K's.

To be sure my Family does not get ripped, should I unexpectedly Pass, I got my Wife an 03 FFL, taught her to sell and keep a value list on my Collection, I update Yearly.

We all know what some Dealers would do on a call from a Woman needing to sell her Passed Husbands Collection. At least leave her a name of an Honest Gun Shop. Or better still make sure your Son, Son-In-Law of Friend knows how to dispose of your Collection.

Anyone who has watched Pawn Stars knows they give less than 1/3 the Value and then laugh about it.

I'll be Dammed if my Collections goes that way.
    Ed

lasher9999

May 31, 2010
    Jacksonville, md
    A great Investment. I've been Collecting for years and my C&R Weapons have consistently went up in Price, much better than Stocks or 401K's.

To be sure my Family does not get ripped, should I unexpectedly Pass, I got my Wife an 03 FFL, taught her to sell and keep a value list on my Collection, I update Yearly.

We all know what some Dealers would do on a call from a Woman needing to sell her Passed Husbands Collection. At least leave her a name of an Honest Gun Shop. Or better still make sure your Son, Son-In-Law of Friend knows how to dispose of your Collection.

Anyone who has watched Pawn Stars knows they give less than 1/3 the Value and then laugh about it.

I'll be Dammed if my Collections goes that way.
    Ed

LOL. When I am gone, I am fairly sure my son is going to want my collection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom