• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    But I do have a C&R! I've always wanted a PPK, and when I saw this one I couldn't pass it up (delivered to my doorstop today!):

010s.jpg

007s.jpg

It's wartime, looks like late production, no import marks, original grips/mag. Overall it looks great, with a little bit of character.

I'm going to look for some repro grips to put on it before taking it out to the range.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Mine came yesterday and I've been glued to my computer all day but with buying a S&W M59, a norinco SKS, and the 125 anniversary MPDC S&W model ten, all within 2 weeks........I'm broke

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Mine came yesterday and I've been glued to my computer all day but with buying a S&W M59, a norinco SKS, and the 125 anniversary MPDC S&W model ten, all within 2 weeks........I'm broke

What in DC?!? You have a firearm???

Only gangsters and thugs are authorized PPK's.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    What in DC?!? You have a firearm???

Only gangsters and thugs are authorized PPK's.

They prefer the historic allure of the hi-point and the exotic proof marks on the older iver johnson revolvers (year we do actually find quite a bit of these).

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge
    I wish they had a PPK chambered in 9mm... I really have no Idea why they haven't done it yet...another firearm that uses a different ammo is too much of a hassle for me.. But I grew up watching 007 and I adore the PPK the James Bond Gun.

TurboHeloDriver

Constitutional Patriot
    Sep 23, 2009
    Waynesboro, VA
    I have one that's even more Bond-esque. Mine reads "Made in W. Germany" on the slide. This one mark adds a small premium to the weapon's value. It's like-new, in it's original box, and has had less than 200 rounds through it. While mine is post-war, it's very cold-war era which is when the Bond series really proliferated. I'd post pics, but Mom's got it in TN (she likes it).

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Damn it
    My P1 came yesterday. And now, less that 24 hours later, you are making me want something else. i'll be the most heavily armed person in the poor house before too long.:)

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Damn it
    My P1 came yesterday. And now, less that 24 hours later, you are making me want something else. i'll be the most heavily armed person in the poor house before too long.:)

I hear that! Christmas is coming and I keep that in the back of my head to keep from going off the deep end.

However, what are those PPK's going for :D

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The PP was released in 1929 and the PPK in 1931; both were popular with European police and civilians, for being reliable and concealable. During World War II they were issued to the German military and police, the Schutzstaffel, the Luftwaffe, and Nazi Party officials (especially Nazi Party officials); Adolf Hitler shot and killed himself with his PPK (a 7.65mm/.32 ACP) in the Führerbunker in Berlin.[2] Moreover, the Walther PPK (also a 7.65mm/.32 ACP) pistol is famous as fictional secret agent James Bond's signature gun in many of the films and novels. Ian Fleming's choice of the Walther PPK directly influenced its popularity and its notoriety."

Not sure why Flemming chose a .32acp for Bond, but no doubt it's a great gun. I'm not sure why Bond didn't go to something with a little more punch but it seemed that in every Movie Bond "borrowed" up to and including Atomic Weapons.

CENTURY has some Chec imitations for around $200, I sprung for one, great gun, no complaints. Not sure how many they have left, only comes with one Mag and the Auction Sites are selling them for $50 or better.

As soon as the Wallet Permits I hope to add the real thing to my collection.
    Bond, James Bond
    Ed

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Me likey! Good idea on changing out the original grips for range time. For about $35 you don't want to risk damaging the expensive originals (just look at prices for originals grips!).
    I occasionally cruise looking for a PP but haven't found one that I was willing to pull the trigger on, yet.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Damn it

You have a long way to get to that point.;) There are plenty of heavily armed C&R addicts on MDS. Fortunately they serve as great enablers.

What other hobby allows you to collect real pieces of history that you can still take to the range and practice marksmanship? C&R is two hobbies in one AND an investment.

C&R makes golf look downright silly.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom