• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    And here we go into the twist.....:sad20:

Fancily worded posts making it out as if I'm speaking ill of Zoo. He knows better,.... most of the readers here know better.

Someone bitched,..... action was taken. Now that we know the standard is that NO prices are to posted for non-IP vendors there is no issue.

Be vigilant!

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    I don't believe the intent was to stop posting prices from non-IPs. I believe it was the ad nauseam posting of items/prices that caused the complaints and removals.

I think it will be still okay to post a safe price form Costco, or a gun price from Sportsman's, etc. IMO only.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    See post #325 and subsequent quotes agreeing.

It's a forum rules issue and thankfully now it's been contained.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    I don't believe zoo was crying, I belive they (mods) get tired of hearing the whining and act, as opposed to the usual "self moderation" that occurs when adults interact.

But, for now I'll make sure we're on the lookout for non-IP pricing infractions, since it's such a rampant and problematic issue here.

I can promise you if anybody bothered the Mods about Schips ridiculous trolling of this thread it was not me. He clearly was not posting those prices to benefit himself, just to be a jerk. He stopped (presumably, unless I missed some) when I called him out on it.

I don't bother Mods about people being jerks, this is the internet after all.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I can promise you if anybody bothered the Mods about Schips ridiculous trolling of this thread it was not me. He clearly was not posting those prices to benefit himself, just to be a jerk. He stopped (presumably, unless I missed some) when I called him out on it.

I don't bother Mods about people being jerks, this is the internet after all.

You guys are wrapped way too tight. To be clear, no crying here. Boycott away friends.. It's as if all the social economics lessons people here claim to have went over their head. The actions R&R is taking is millions more times productive then every other thread in here, boycott this, boycott that. It does not work, especially on a venture that broad and size not to mention alcohol. You try convincing most people buying alcohol or tobacco to dismiss price and convenience, go for it.. insane. If you feel better not buying at places fine. It's the constant, "it can have an effect" that has me :lol2:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Is the selection good? The service? The prices?

Keep going then. Life is too short to make every damn minute of your life a political statement. Not enjoying the store is not going to make a damn difference to your cause.

Your INITIAL post to this thread certainly demonstrates (wonderfully, comprehensively) why Second Amendment efforts in MD are where they are (or, aren't).

And, the remainder of your posts demonstrate (again, completely) why perhaps the #1 human frailty is pride . . . the inability to go back and say, "Gee, maybe I made a mis-statement."

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Your INITIAL post to this thread certainly demonstrates (wonderfully, comprehensively) why Second Amendment efforts in MD are where they are (or, aren't).

And, the remainder of your posts demonstrate (again, completely) why perhaps the #1 human frailty is pride . . . the inability to go back and say, "Gee, maybe I made a mis-statement."

The majority of Marylanders favor gun control. Go ahead and make these boycotts as public as possible. Trone will gain business from the other side..

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    You guys are wrapped way too tight. To be clear, no crying here. Boycott away friends.. It's as if all the social economics lessons people here claim to have went over their head. The actions R&R is taking is millions more times productive then every other thread in here, boycott this, boycott that. It does not work, especially on a venture that broad and size not to mention alcohol. You try convincing most people buying alcohol or tobacco to dismiss price and convenience, go for it.. insane. If you feel better not buying at places fine. It's the constant, "it can have an effect" that has me :lol2:

I don't care if it has an effect, I just don't want to spend my money in a way that it directly benefits somebody running in a public campaign intending to pass laws against everything I believe in. I don't consider this a boycott, I consider it common sense.

I don't care if most of the people who read this thread say, who cares, and goes in to buy a .75 of Blantons tomorrow (if they have it). Their choice.

The day before I posted this, I did not know who David Trone was, though I frequented one of his stores often. When I found out I thought, I bet others don't know who he is, and might want to know about him.

Therefore I posted the OP. You think saving a dollar on a fifth of booze is worth supporting an anti 2A radical. Cool. have at it.

Not wrapped tight (well maybe a little). But, I will miss your weekly thread bumps. :)

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Well apparently the idea of paying the devil out of the churches donation box is okay with some folks.

If I know that my money is going to be used to support any Anti-2A asshats run for political office... I'LL DAMN SURE PAY MORE ELSEWHERE!. I don't like hookers because I don't like paying someone else to screw me and give me the clap... I'll be damned if I'm going to pay the owner of that booze shack to help take away my 2A rights.

There are too many local stores where the owners give a damn about my rights while they take my money.

So laugh it up fellas... Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk we helpin da libtard run for office...

It ain't about boycotts... It's about paying for your own demise.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Like I said before, some here would be in line for a Taliban bake-sale.

Feb 28, 2013
    I don't believe zoo was crying, I belive they (mods) get tired of hearing the whining and act, as opposed to the usual "self moderation" that occurs when adults interact.

But, for now I'll make sure we're on the lookout for non-IP pricing infractions, since it's such a rampant and problematic issue here.

IP's pay fer advertisin'. This libtarded liquor store yahoo sure as hell does NOT. It ain't a hard concept.

**** him and his prices. :cool:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    IP's pay fer advertisin'. This libtarded liquor store yahoo sure as hell does NOT. It ain't a hard concept.

**** him and his prices. :cool:
    Sure, totally agree, cut and dried concept.

Except,... there's literally thousands of examples of everything from food and clothes to ammo and firearms, full out prices and links to items and sales, posted here literally daily.

You think Classic Firearms is an IP here? How about Bud's Guns? Never seen anyone post a link or discuss specific pricing and how it stomps what anyone here can sell it to you for?

Walmart, Costco, BJs, Midway USA.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom