• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    21 days for approval, ~30 days to get the card in the mail. Submitted Dec2. Nothing was updated on the checklist until every thing and the approval was shown on that Thursday. I had read they only update the webpage checklists on a Tuesday, but not in my case. More likely they waited until the last minute to make a 30 day deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    Our dear leaders have finally bestowed upon me the great honor of purchasing a firearm.
    Applied 12/03
    Actice 12/29
    Card received 1/7

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Don't hate the player:

01/01/16 Applied Permit Exempt (MD WC Permit Holder)
    01/04/16 HQL Active
    01/07/16 Received HQL in mailbox

The point is they can go from Active to Mailbox in 3-4 days.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Don't hate the player:

01/04/16 HQL Active

That's highly irregular. You are but the 3rd person I've heard of with their card in less than 2 weeks.

MarkItZero

Jan 6, 2016
    Annapolis
    Don't hate the player:

01/04/16 HQL Active

That's fantastic! It should give us all hope. I was concerned about 30+ days due to all the recent training course for Christmas backlog. I was at the range Tuesday and was told all the extra people were there for the training class for HQL.

How are you permit excempt are you current or former police or military? I'm training excempt, but worried that might somehow slow me down.

fireman2498

Dec 17, 2015
    Calvert County
    I submitted my application on 12/14.

Everything has been completed as of 1/11/16 except for NICS, CJIS and JIS they say incomplete. It says application is pendin additional information and that I will be contacted. Anyone see this before and does anyone know what this means?

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    That's fantastic! It should give us all hope. I was concerned about 30+ days due to all the recent training course for Christmas backlog. I was at the range Tuesday and was told all the extra people were there for the training class for HQL.

How are you permit excempt are you current or former police or military? I'm training excempt, but worried that might somehow slow me down.

training exempt won't slow you down. If anything its probably going to speed it up by 15 or 20 minutes at the rate they work. Its going to take 28ish days to be approved and about another week to arrive.

Rach123

Jan 6, 2016
    Got my fingerprints (live scan) and submitted today - let's see how long it takes.

I got fingerprinted on 1/2 and my mental health was checked off on the 4th. nothing has been updated online since then. I did receive in the mail the results of the background check though. So it does take a while.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Well I finally broke down and went thru the process. Livescan yesterday and app submitted today. Is my card in the mail yet???:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom